Anyone heard from Einstein yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know they said Jan 15th, but has anyone heard about a decision from AE earlier? (mail or email?).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard a word. Are they mailing out acceptances Jan 15th?

Altaskier-

I'm on the east coast. I revisited Einstein two weeks ago and Ms. Longo in the admissions office told me then that I should hear something around the 15th. I'll keep you posted. Is Einstein one of your top choices? From where else are you waiting to hear?

Good luck!
-DK

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I was looking into Einstein. It's a great school. I don't know where it really stands on my list. I guess I haven't pieced it all together yet. That is the only school I'm waiting on right now.

Take care

i heard last week that this guy i know got accepted. not sure though.

Torture torture this waiting is. Anyone live in the Bronx that is awaiting a decision? I'm out on Long Island and will be lucky if I get anything by this Saturday

Waiting in anticipation.

What a surprise. I heard the good news today. Apparantly they were mailed yesterday, one day early. Good luck everyone. Its a great school.

Thanks. I interviewed in October.

Originally posted by doppl:
•What a surprise. I heard the good news today. Apparantly they were mailed yesterday, one day early. Good luck everyone. Its a great school.•••

Did you get that email that was sent out earlier today???

So now I see you did :)

Yep, throw another school on the W/L pile for ole scooby :)

So now I see you did :)

Yep, throw another school on the W/L pile for ole scooby :)

icon17.gif

icon19.gif

Originally posted by E'01:
•Torture torture this waiting is. Anyone live in the Bronx that is awaiting a decision? I'm out on Long Island and will be lucky if I get anything by this Saturday•••

I live in the Bronx, but since my application was complete pretty late (12/28/01), it will be awhile before I hear anything about rejection/interview. I really hope to hear something soon, they are my number one school.

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
doppl-

did you recieve that e-mail today about attending Social Medicine classes? i'd hate to read into this e-mail, but it's addressed to Med School Class of 2006, but the return address is still [email protected]!

i live in pittsburgh, so hopefully whatever decision they give, won't take too long!

alright! some people are gettin in.... my interview at AE was really weird so I really don't expect to get in. I live in California so that letter will take a goo 3-4 days to reach us in the west. I just wanna see if by some chance or miracle I do end up getting in after that very weird interview I had.

Congrats to all in !

Yeah, I got the email, but I do live in NYC so maybe that had something to do with it since it was an invitation to attend a lecture series on campus.
Since I was pm'd about this, the letter came as plain mail in a regular sized envelope. NYC mail is generally overnight which is why I already received it. Good luck everybody, hopefully we'll see each other in class next year.

Have you receive an interview invite, daisygirl?

Can't we just call the admissions office and just find out?? For those of you who are seriously considering attending - interviewed or not - is the tuition a concern for you? Umm I didn't know it was that high, and it doesn't seem that they have tons of aid to give out ($2500 scholarship and some $5500 loan)

Thought I'd share my embarrassing Einstein story with you guys.

A couple of weeks ago, I emailed the admissions office asking about my application status. Only 2 days later, I was emailing some other admissions offices about my status, and ended up sending another email to Einstein (I had totally forgotten that I had already talked to them!).

I got an immediate email back IN ALL CAPS!!! Unlike the initial email which was very formal, this one had a "kid, you're an idiot and stop harrassing us" kinda feel....ouch!

So moral of the story - keep updating your little tracking sheets/palm pilots with info on who you've talked to!

Originally posted by Daredevil:
•Have you receive an interview invite, daisygirl?•••

No, I have not heard anything from them other than my application being complete. I have not given up hope yet, after all my application was complete 12/28/01.

Sorry for the duplicate posts. Daredevil, did you receive an interview invite from Einstein?

I heard good news from them today. Good luck to everyone :)

I got rejected!!!!! :( no interviews yet over here....I guess it's back to MCAT studying because I am just not getting any love....

the email from noreen kerrigan may be a good sign. i got an acceptance letter today. i interviewed at the end of october, i think. good luck to everyone!

I received a rejection letter in December from them. Two years in a row, they were the first to reject me... ughhh!!! Now, I don't think they'll let me apply for the third time. They have this two-strikes-and-you're-out rule. I was really interested in them, too.

Hi, has anyone recently accepted to einstein NOT received the wacky email a few days ago?

Happy to say that I don't fit in that category, but I was wondering the same thing just this morning. I received the e-mail a few days ago and received acceptance today. I was thinking, would they really invite 5000 applicants to show up at one of their lecture halls. Even if only a tenth came, it'd still have to be one big room. It seems like the e-mail and acceptance are connected.

I was there Dec 12th and live on the west coast. I had a good experience there and will be heavily weighing options. Housing and exercise facilities were nice. Diverse student body. Hard to get a sense of the quality of teaching from the visit. My interviewer told me I should come back for a second visit if I am seriously considering going there. Might do that. Pass/fail for year 1 is good, but why not the same in year 2? Definitely felt I could be happy there though.

Was Einstein's rejection letter the most pathetic or what!?! Just a plain-Jane, flimsy, little piece of paper. No spiffy seal. No texture.

Sorry, I've got to slam them. Hey, they slammed me! It's only fair :D .

Trust me, I'm not crying 'bout it. I hear they have all these freaky rules anyway...like you can't keep a pet, etc...

Congrats to everyone who got positive news!

Yeah Einstein's letter was awful. Even the sticky address label on the envelope was put on sloppily and my name was cut off..AND they sent the damn letter twice. But I'm not sobbing over them either..

What are admission chances if you've been waitlisted? In fact, generally, what's the best way to evaluate a school's waitlist to acceptance chance?

Still no acceptances from folks who didn't receive the email offer to attend lecture? Hummm....

katiep-

i would write einstein an update letter if you were waitlisted and express your interest in them. apparently, there is a lot of movement on their waitlist because people get pulled from other ny schools and decide to go there over einstein.

I'm still shaking a little, but I thought I would go ahead and write that I just GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! :) And I didn't get the email. So for all of you out there waiting, GOOD LUCK!!!! BTW, I interviewed on Dec. 6th. Wow, I never thought this would happen. Cheers.

AE waitlisted me after the interviewer told me, "you will get in here as well as many other places." plus, it looks like they whipped out a 1950's ghetto typewriter to type the letter i got. it really was quite astounding. but, no matter, i just got into rochester. so they can suck it! i'm not sure what's going on at AE. did you guys know they dont have a bookstore?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by EW1779:
•...it looks like they whipped out a 1950's ghetto typewriter to type the letter i got.•••

YES! That's the spirit! Too funny! I had to pull out my letter to get the full effect! I would never have described it as such, but it is pretty accurate. :D

They also have strange library hours that would most certainly make studying difficult. A religious thing...

i was told that if you want to get an AECOM sweatshrit or something for mommy or daddy, there is like a husband and wife team who makes them and you have to seek them out or something. how ghetto is that? i wonder if they type your dean's letter on the same 1950's ghetto vintage typewriter. no wonder it takes them til 1/15 to notify the first batch! they have 150 monkeys taking turns typing all the letters!