Anyone Heard From UCONN PostBac?

Started by CHawK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sat down with the head of admissions in the dental school after I was rejected from that program. He told me that this postbac program only takes a few people. So if a lot of people are getting rejected, its because the program is probably one of the hardest to get into. I got into every postbac program I applied to and he told me that I wouldnt have a chance of getting in... 😕

If it makes anyone feel any better, I've gotten into a couple of med schools and not UConn postbacc. And I'm in-state.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear!
 
Hi guys. I did the postbacc this past year and if I remember correctly I got my acceptance letter near mid june/end of june. Dr. Sanford takes his time in going through the applicant list since most of the students accepted into this program will receive admission to the medical school the following year if you perform extremely well in your classes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for that last post. I'm still waiting to find out news either way. Did you receive the acceptance via email or snail mail?
 
I guess I answered my own question. Got my acceptance letter in the mail today!! Good luck to everyone!
 
I am a CT resident with a MPH. I know from previous posts on this forum that they do prefer CT residents.
 
I just applied to UConn's post bacc program for the spring of 2009. The app was due Oct 1st, 2008. It's now Oct 25th and I am waiting to hear back from someone. I'm a CT resident. What I want to know based on the threads I've read is, Mona, your from CT but what was you GPA and science GPA if you don't mind. I'm just praying I'll be accepted.
 
No. I'm positive you do not have to be a CT resident to apply to UConn Post bacc program. However, I do hear that it seems like CT residents are slightly at an advantage.