Anyone heard from UGA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorchic011

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from UGA? I have called a few times to ask my status and all they tell me is that my file is pending review and supposedly they want to have all the files reviewed by the end of next week. I find it odd I haven't heard anything from them considering I have a fairly high GPA and PCAT scores. Also, does anyone know if they interview everyone at UGA or only the students who are borderline??? because I heard that from someone at another interview I attended.

Anyways, as of now I have been accepted to UF and Mercer and most likely will be attending Mercer (unless UGA pulls through) in the fall because I need a change of scenary from Florida since I've done all my undergraduate courses here! :) If anyone else going to Mercer next year, let me know what you are thinking about on living? I have no clue if I should live on-campus in the apts the first year or try to find an off-campus apt somewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything from UGA either...kind of upsetting b/c of the fact that I'm a GA resident and it would be really cheap for me to go there. Back to your Mercer question...I've got a really good friend who is going there and I think she's living on campus. When did you interview there? I've got one scheduled for next Friday 3/18. Any tips/pointers? All help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Alli1028 said:
I haven't heard anything from UGA either...kind of upsetting b/c of the fact that I'm a GA resident and it would be really cheap for me to go there. Back to your Mercer question...I've got a really good friend who is going there and I think she's living on campus. When did you interview there? I've got one scheduled for next Friday 3/18. Any tips/pointers? All help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

I interviewed @ Mercer on 2/18. Merer was my first interview so I was really nervous at first, but they made it very comfortable and laid back. They basicaly asked me Why Mercer, Why pharmacy, and tell me about yourself as the main questions with the faculty advisor. You also interview with a 3 or 4th yr student, which I liked the best because that was the least stressful. All in all I was very impressed with the school. Good luck with your interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved an interview letter from UGA dated Feb. 18, but I'm pretty sure the timing of the letters is related to the date your application was recieved.

Caverject said:
I find it ironic "gatorchic" applied to UGA. GO DAWGS! SICK 'EM! WOOF WOOF

HAHA! As much as I love Gainesville and all I need a change of scenary! But I will always be a GATOR regardless if I attend pharmacy school in GA. GOOO GATORS!!!

Am I the only one that sees "stop codon" when you read "UGA?" :rolleyes:

dqkt said:
Am I the only one that sees "stop codon" when you read "UGA?" :rolleyes:

LOL, now that you mention it... :)

I just had a test on DNA replication and gene expression. I pleasantly surprised myself when I found out my grade. Thank gods that is over, though, and spring break is here. :)

nhbsteve said:
I recieved an interview letter from UGA dated Feb. 18, but I'm pretty sure the timing of the letters is related to the date your application was recieved.

Hey, when was your application received? Mine has been in there completed since about Christmas time

My application was completed around Christmas as well...but when I got back home this weekend I had an email inviting me for an interview next week. The secretary said that they would be conducting interviews from Tuesday-Friday of next week. I'll let you know how it goes, but my interview isn't until March 25th. Good luck and let me know if you hear anything also!! :)

Has anyone heard anything else from UGA??? I called again this week and they said that my application is still pending review. I would like to know before I go ahead with all my plans for Mercer because as of now I'm going there.

gatorchic011 said:
Has anyone heard anything else from UGA??? I called again this week and they said that my application is still pending review. I would like to know before I go ahead with all my plans for Mercer because as of now I'm going there.

When I interviewed at UGA yesterday, March 25, they told me that the very latest interview day would be April 11. Also, they are already sending out rejection letters to the people that didn't get interviews. I saw the stack and it was huge, b/c the secretary told me they only interview around 250 and they had 928 applications. I hope this helps. :)

Is it tough to get into UGA Pharm School? I have a 2.71 gpa with an Associate and Bachelor degree. I have no Pharm Experience. I am in the process of enrolling in classes for the pre pharm req and also re taking Pre Cal and Calculus in which I both got "D"s in ..

Do I have a chance or am I just wasting my time? I feel like I screwed up my chances of getting in anywhere b/c of my gpa'

I am definitely wanting otoapply to pharmacy school. I want ot apply to multiple ones. However some schools hae different pre pharm req's. Most have the standard English and Math but hte Chemisty and Biology etc is different. I want to apply to UGA but I have a 2.71 gpa so I am going to retake the classes I did bad in .

Do I have a chance of getting in?

Hey wannabeapharm,

UGA is a hard school to get into. However, they do not require as many pre reqs as a lot of other schools. They do not require anatomy and physiology, and they also do not require any other biology classes other than just basic principles of biology I and II. They also weight the PCAT score a lot as well. If you do well on it, then that would make up for a lower gpa. they do like for the applicants to have experience though. i would consider retaking some of your classes, they do require at leats a C in everything. I would also get some experience and try hard to good on my first pcat. if you can do that, you would most definately have a fighting cnace i believe.

What guide or what is the best way to study for the PCAT. How you suggest I get experience? Paid or unpaid is ok I just need some hands on experience. You think I should apply for the fal 2006? I am beginning my pre reqs this summer. I gotta take Chem I,II Org Chem I,II I gota re take PreCal and Calculus over...I am not sure if I need a speech class or not.... It seems I may not be a competive applicant considering alot of ppl on here have over 3.0gpas and I have a lousy 2.71.

Since I am in GA you think they give preference? Did you get acepted into UGA if so how many times did you apply?

dghrx said:
Hey wannabeapharm,

UGA is a hard school to get into. However, they do not require as many pre reqs as a lot of other schools. They do not require anatomy and physiology, and they also do not require any other biology classes other than just basic principles of biology I and II. They also weight the PCAT score a lot as well. If you do well on it, then that would make up for a lower gpa. they do like for the applicants to have experience though. i would consider retaking some of your classes, they do require at leats a C in everything. I would also get some experience and try hard to good on my first pcat. if you can do that, you would most definately have a fighting cnace i believe.

hey wannabepharm,

I would maybe look at a book on the PCAT. you can find them most anywhere, amazon, etc. gpa is not everything! i have known people to have 3.9 and 90 on their pcat and not get in. however, gpa and pcat score gets your foot in the door and gets you an interview. therefore, i would try to retake a few classes that i did have D's in. i would not worry about the classes with C's just yet. i would try VERY hard to do good on my pcat the first time, that will tell them that you do have potential to do good. that way, when you get an interview you do not have to worry about explaining a poor pcat and a poor gpa. one can maybe be over looked, but to is a lot harder. i know that it is not fair that strictly academic criteria is what they look at when granting interviews, but that is the way it works i am afraid. i went through that last year myself. i had 5 years experience and did not get in. i am hoping for better results this year though. wish me luck! if you want any more advice from someone who is in ga, email me at [email protected] where did you do your undergraduate work at? some schools are ranked higher than others as well.

dghrx said:
hey wannabepharm,

I would maybe look at a book on the PCAT. you can find them most anywhere, amazon, etc. gpa is not everything! i have known people to have 3.9 and 90 on their pcat and not get in. however, gpa and pcat score gets your foot in the door and gets you an interview. therefore, i would try to retake a few classes that i did have D's in. i would not worry about the classes with C's just yet. i would try VERY hard to do good on my pcat the first time, that will tell them that you do have potential to do good. that way, when you get an interview you do not have to worry about explaining a poor pcat and a poor gpa. one can maybe be over looked, but to is a lot harder. i know that it is not fair that strictly academic criteria is what they look at when granting interviews, but that is the way it works i am afraid. i went through that last year myself. i had 5 years experience and did not get in. i am hoping for better results this year though. wish me luck! if you want any more advice from someone who is in ga, email me at [email protected] where did you do your undergraduate work at? some schools are ranked higher than others as well.

Hey man, thanks for your advice and I DO wish you luck on getting in....So is this your first time applying to UGA? Whats chool you did undergrad at? I am about to begin working on my prepharm classes...I cant seem to find a shcool that has Organic Chemistry anywhere and I dont know what to do about that...I want to apply for 2006 but I am not sure if I will even have a chance
what about you?

Hey....i interviewed at UGA on 03/25....was wondering if anyone has heard back from them.....please do let me know
thanks

I also interviewed on March 25! I called Renee (the secretary) yesterday and she said we should know something by April 15. Only one more week!! :)