1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

anyone heard from

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by longhorn, Oct 1, 2002.

1. longhorn

longhorn Membership Revoked
    Removed

anyone heard from NW, Cornell, Duke, or Emory yet who is an MD candidate. My application has been complete to these schools since around Sep 12th and I still have heard no word. Anyone else in a similar situation?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!
    7+ Year Member

I can only speak for NW. Check your status page. My app was complete on Sep 12th also. Last monday, my status page was finally created but I was not offered an interview yet. If you have been offered an interview it will be noted on the status page:

https://medicalapp2003.northwestern.edu

4. DW

DW Fix me some sandwiches
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    all of these schools are interviewing already according to the "offical schools requesting interviews" thread. it might take them a month or so to get to your file since we're getting into the full swing of application/interview season

5. GoodMonkey

GoodMonkey sproutmobile
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yes, all those schools are interviewing. my app was completed mid-to-late august at duke, emory, and nwestern and i only received interview word in the last 2 weeks. give it a good month from the date of your completed 2ndary before you'll expect to hear much. i hear the rejections for duke and nwestern have come swiftly, (like 1-2 wks from date of app complete) so at least be glad you haven't gotten any of that action yet.

:) good luck!

6. longhorn

Removed

yea, I guess I will have to wait 2 more weeks or something, its agonizing!!! The worst part of it all is if you don't hear anything after two months of your completed application it most likely means a rejection

7. GoodMonkey

GoodMonkey sproutmobile
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah, or the dreaded "hold for interview," which is essentially a rejection. i got it from pritzker .... "we are holding your application for interview consideration at a later, unspecified date, after we screen a larger number of candidates..." yeesh.

just be patient. :)

8. longhorn

Removed

goodmonkey,

Did you get an interview from all those schools listed above, I know you got NW. Good luck with those!

9. Anyone know how long the DUKE review process takes? My stuff has been complete around Aug 24th and I haven't heard a thing. Has anyone called their admissions office to ask if they have been granted an interview, and if so, do they tell you over the phone?

10. Virtuo,

I was completed on August 20th and just got the interview invite today (10/1)

11. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

I think at least 1 or 2 people checked their online status and found out they had an interview a few weeks ago? Check the interview thread...

-RA

12. samyjay

samyjay Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Not that i even believe i have a shot at Harvard, but one school that has not been mentioned much is Harvard. Has anyone received any word from the school, or do they interview really late, knowing that they can prety much take anyone they want. Thanks

13. GoodMonkey

GoodMonkey sproutmobile
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    longhorn-
    yes, i have been given interviews at duke, nwestern and emory. didn't apply to cornell.

virtuoj -
    no idea how long it takes. different for different people, maybe? i turned my app in about 1wk past their deadline (uh, like the 26th of aug? or so?) and i heard from them about three weeks ago. they emailed me and then sent me something in the mail. u can always check the status page online. or call and ask. my rule these days is give the schools at least 8 weeks post app-complete date and then call if still no word. (note to self, call JHU tomorrow. offer first born child)

14. BlueJayBill

BlueJayBill Member
    7+ Year Member

for duke i really think it depends.

My app was complete on in mid september, and i got an interview invite 4 days later.

-bill

15. Damn... I didn't know Duke's response was so variable. I've been waiting about 5 weeks here. Does anyone know if Duke has been sending out post-secondary rejections? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see whats up.

16. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

I called them to see if my ap was complete... and asked about interviews. They be sending out invitations any day now... and their first interview will be on Oct. 10.