Anyone here get C- on their pre-requisite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samwY

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a C- on a pre-requisite from awhile back.

I checked on SUNY and PCO and their pre-req grades have to be C or better.

I was wondering if they would let a C- be dismissed/permitted if the following pre-req sequence were A's and B's.

Are they very strict on that?

Members don't see this ad.

I quite certain that SUNY and PCO will dismiss a C- even if the following course was a A or B. Likely a strict policy.

I got a C- in one of my organic chem!! hehe
but then Below a C in PCO means that you got a letter grade that's lower than the letter grade C.. (D, F etc)... PCO do not count C+, C or C-..so when they say that..it means u shoudn't get a D.. but C- is still consider a C..

That's what the admission director told us when he came to our university...

Katalio

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think Optom. schools consider plusses and minuses, but of course the best way is to call the school and speak with the admission couselor. When I was filling out my secondary application, I was shocked by how much my GPA dropped because the school does not take plus grades into consideration and I have a lot of those and my undergrad school gives .5 point for a plus (B+ counted as 3.5 in undergrad vs 3.0 in optom. school).

Whoa, are you serious?

Because whenever I get C's they are usually C- (I did not even try in the class).

So they will be counted as a flat 2.0 in my GPA?
nice.

I just called PCO. They don't include + or - in their GPAs.

Awesome.

SUNY and SCCO and UCB all told me that, as long as the grade has "c" in it, it's counted as a C :thumbup:

Otherwise, I'd be in bad shape now!

polkadot said:
SUNY and SCCO and UCB all told me that, as long as the grade has "c" in it, it's counted as a C :thumbup:

Otherwise, I'd be in bad shape now!

Hey, u sure about this? On the application, I noticed that you have to enter, like your exact grade. So how do you know they count a -/+ as just a "GRADE"? Thanks :)

Sorry if I was a little unclear. Yes, if they have the C- option on the menu, then you do have to record C-, but it still meets the minimum "c" grade that is required per the application guidelines. I asked Dr Johnston at SUNY, Sharmila at UCB, and Dawn Bunch at SCCO personally on these. Hope that makes more sense.
-p.dot

polkadot said:
Sorry if I was a little unclear. Yes, if they have the C- option on the menu, then you do have to record C-, but it still meets the minimum "c" grade that is required per the application guidelines. I asked Dr Johnston at SUNY, Sharmila at UCB, and Dawn Bunch at SCCO personally on these. Hope that makes more sense.
-p.dot

When they do GPA averages do they count the + / - or is it just 2.0 3.0 4.0?

samwY said:
When they do GPA averages do they count the + / - or is it just 2.0 3.0 4.0?

just 2.0 3.0 or 4.0

it's not + or - (so it's excellent for those who have lots of -'s, and tough for those with alot of +'s)