I would definitely say there is a lack of connection between the web students and the campus students but not with the professors. Just like a campus student, as a web student your professors will know you if you are active in class. In the more difficult classes, I communicate with my professors on a regular basis by email, discussion boards, or over the phone.
You do miss out on campus pharmacy events, but you are required to attend either local or national professional meetings so you do get that sense of community.
I have actually never felt like I was teaching myself. With every class, you have lecture handouts, PowerPoint slides, and audio of the lecture so it feels like you are in class. Also, with every class you have mentors who are quick to reply to any question you have. If you are having trouble in a class, free tutoring is provided by students in the Rho Chi honor society.