Anyone interested in CA-2 position starting July 2009?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anesth01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a CA-1 at a large University hospital in NE. Strongly considering leaving at end of academic year due to some personal issues. No gripe with program at all, infact love it there. Wanted to see what oppurtunities might be out there for me. Anyone interested in a possible switch please PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi-I am in PGY-1 year of IM program in CT-I am interested in Anesthesiology though.
Please, let me know if the position is still available.
Thanks.
Ewa

I am switching from General surgery to Anesthesia.
Would appreciate if anyone know about a CA 1 spot/PGY2.
Your response and advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
are you situated around the pittsburgh area? i would be interested if you were. regards.

Thanks Anesmd for your reply.
I am very interested, Fortunately I live in philly, not too far from pittsburgh .
I will look forward for your response.
thanks,

[email protected]

Hi Anesmd ,
MY previous e-mail has a typo(error) .
MY E-MAIL IS,
THEDOCTOR98@AOL.
I will look forward to hear from you.
Thanks .

unfortunately, it's still too far away for me, location-wise. regards, and good luck in your search!

My SO is looking, and we're mobile to go anywhere.
Please feel free to contact him regarding this opportunity -- I'm just the MD SO. :)

Paul Kim
[email protected]

Practically every anesthesia program has open spots each year. This is due to the fact that many programs leave spots open for people switching from other specialties. I know this from experience seeing that I recently dropped out of surgery and matched to an anesthesia program. I applied through the match as a backup but realized through interviewing that many programs do not fill every class to capacity. This mainly occurs at large academic programs so if you have a program in mind, be proactive and make them aware you exist.

Hi
I am in first year general surgery program. I want to switch to anesthesia for a second year position. Please let me know if there are any.
Thanks.