Anyone interested in ENT in AF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doublearmthrust

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 4th year MS and just trying to get a feel for how many people are applying whether MS4 or GMO. It sound like unless you're AF academy or USUHS you need to do GMO first to boost your application. I won't mind doing GMO first, I think it would be fun for awhile but it sure would be nice to get going with residency.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm interested.

I actually met with an AF recruiter about a month ago. I've been accepted to med school, and I am very interested in ENT. While speaking with him, I told him I was interested in Peds, and he said there was great opportunity for peds in the AF. I then referred to the fact that my father is an ENT doc, and said that I didn't think I was interested in that (though I had not ruled it out at the time). He then informed me that its probably for the best that I was not interested in ENT, because there's no real need for it in the AF.

So, I guess if I was interested in ENT and already in HPSP (which I've decided I'm not going to do) I would just serve as a flight surgeon, and then apply for ENT residencies after I got out.

Best of Luck!