Anyone interview for HPSP???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

livingdreams

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone interviewed for the HPSP (PARTICULARLY AIRFORCE)? If so, how was it, and how should you prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone interviewed for the HPSP (PARTICULARLY AIRFORCE)? If so, how was it, and how should you prepare?
It was over the phone for me. Pretty non-chalant, basically just getting a feel for who you are, what you're about and advice on how to prepare for it.

Mine was a face-2-face with a Major. Pretty much painless. She basically reiterated what a nice experience she's had with the AF and encouraged me to do well. Just be prepared to answer why you want to join the service. The rest of the questions... if you've gone through dental school interviews you should have no problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
Over the phone and pretty straight forward. It felt more like I was helping to fill out a form for the interviewer.

I didn't have an AF interview, but my interview for the Navy seemed to be more of just a question and answer session. I was the one asking the questions and the Lt Cdr was the one answering them. More of just a discussion, and pretty informal.

Mine was in person. Very laid back. My interviewer asked me why the military, is my family ok with me joining, do I have any questions, give three words to describe myself, what is my weakness. If you have the matrix scores then you should definitely get a spot if you're applying for the 2009 cycle.

It was a joke, I know sarcasm is hard on message boards.

I figured it was a joke, but i saw all your posts on the who is the best president thread....... so we know you can get a little heated :p

As someone that conducts these interviews, I think I can help with this answer a little.

First and foremost, be honest. Let your interviewer know your concerns and desires, they may know some ways to help you succeed.

If it's in person, be on time and dress appropriately. The one thing that has rubbed me the wrong way the most was when I was to conduct and interview and the person didn't show up on time or seemed very disinterested. Remember, the people doing these interviews may have more than one to complete, have pts to see, and have other duties that they need to see to. Being late or showing up in a t-shirt sets the wrong first impression. Essentially, this is a job interview and you should really treat it like one.

Make sure you have all the requested information sent to the interviewer before the interview and try to make sure it gets there so they have plenty of time to review it before the interview.

Reactions: 1 users