SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

anyone interview or accepted to TCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by asm0285, Jan 18, 2000.

1. asm0285

asm0285 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Hey everybody,

Jusy looking for anyone new that has interviewed or that has been accepted to TCOM.
    Any comments?

Andrew, TCOM class of 2004

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. DoctorK

DoctorK Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Fort Worth, TX USA
    Andrew,

I interviewed in November and was accepted in December. I have another friend who is interviewing today. I was also accepted at UTMB (Galveston), but I'm choosing TCOM. My personal philosophy is much more in line with the DO approach. Did you apply other places?

Kristi

------------------
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

--Willy Wonka

4. Newdoc2002

Newdoc2002 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Waco
    Kristi,

I think you'll be happy with your decision. I'm a student at TCOM who was wait-listed in the pool at UTMB and was told I was close to acceptance. I don't have any regrets on not waiting to see what happened at UTMB.

While I do think that many MD schools are developing a better "osteopathic" attitude toward patient care, you will see that it runs through all specialties at TCOM because of the long tradition of "holistic" patient care.

All facets of UNTHSC are making great strides towards growth and scientific advancement. You will benefit from the recruitment of top notch faculty, facilties and fellow students. I have no doubt that many of my fellow students will be successful and excellent physicians in all specialties. Good Luck to you.

5. upcomingdoc

upcomingdoc Junior Member

Dec 7, 1999
    Pullman, WA USA
    Yes I interview at Touro in Jan. It was really fun. Doesn't look like much, but the people are really nice and helpful. I felt welcome. The interview was 3 interviewers to 4 interviewees. Each interviewer asks a question of each interviewee. The questions are mostly directly related to what you told them on your application/secondary. There is nice duplexes on the island, but they seem to be mostly full. There is also an elem. school on the island. Still a lot of construction. Real nice anatomy lab. Good luck. Do you have an interview there soon?

6. tonydtgr

tonydtgr Member 10+ Year Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Orange, CA
    upcomingdoc,
    wow, i didn't know Texas was an island! Thank you for the info! [​IMG]

People always seem to get the two mixed up. TCOM stands for TEXAS College of Osteopathic Medicine. The abbreviation for Touro school in the San Francisco area is TUCOM