Anyone know how the JHU waitlist is structured?

WOLFGANG

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2005
    Hey all...just wondered if anyone is familiar with the workings of the Johns Hopkins U waitlist. How many they waitlist, how many they take eventually from said list. Any other info you could provide would be much appreciated!

gomizzou

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 3, 2004
      I could be wrong because I tend to confuse schools but I think the JHU sets their waitlist up into three tiers. If you are on the bottom third you are released. If you are on one of the top two they will give you an actual ranking after May 15 to give you an idea where you are, until then I think that everyone gets a generic ranking.

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 1, 2003
      Baltimore
        WOLFGANG said:
        Hey all...just wondered if anyone is familiar with the workings of the Johns Hopkins U waitlist. How many they waitlist, how many they take eventually from said list. Any other info you could provide would be much appreciated!

Be patient w/ the Hopkins waitlist. I got waitlisted and found out from them in mid June last year. Even if you get second tier, don't give up hope. There are a few ppl in the first year class who got in off the second tier. If I recall correctly, about 1/2 of the class came from the waitlist.

If you really want to be here, then write a letter of intent sometime in April. They don't like to get flooded w/ phone calls and letters but a few strategically timed pieces of correspondence will probably help.

About the Ads

Sarikate

Full of antioxidants
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Dec 22, 2004
        1. Medical Student
          Well...if you're on the "lower tier" waitlist, it is basically a kind way of telling you you were rejected. Verbatim from my letter: "While you have been selected to be on the alternate list, we know that given your placement on the lower part of the list, you will not receive further consideration from us in April." Why not just come out and state the obvious, right??

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.