Anyone know how the JHU waitlist is structured?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WOLFGANG

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...just wondered if anyone is familiar with the workings of the Johns Hopkins U waitlist. How many they waitlist, how many they take eventually from said list. Any other info you could provide would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I could be wrong because I tend to confuse schools but I think the JHU sets their waitlist up into three tiers. If you are on the bottom third you are released. If you are on one of the top two they will give you an actual ranking after May 15 to give you an idea where you are, until then I think that everyone gets a generic ranking.

WOLFGANG said:
Hey all...just wondered if anyone is familiar with the workings of the Johns Hopkins U waitlist. How many they waitlist, how many they take eventually from said list. Any other info you could provide would be much appreciated!

Be patient w/ the Hopkins waitlist. I got waitlisted and found out from them in mid June last year. Even if you get second tier, don't give up hope. There are a few ppl in the first year class who got in off the second tier. If I recall correctly, about 1/2 of the class came from the waitlist.

If you really want to be here, then write a letter of intent sometime in April. They don't like to get flooded w/ phone calls and letters but a few strategically timed pieces of correspondence will probably help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...if you're on the "lower tier" waitlist, it is basically a kind way of telling you you were rejected. Verbatim from my letter: "While you have been selected to be on the alternate list, we know that given your placement on the lower part of the list, you will not receive further consideration from us in April." Why not just come out and state the obvious, right??

'

Last edited: