Anyone know if USPHS has a hiring "freeze"

Started by twiga
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

twiga

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a question, maybe even someone on this forum is with the USPHS. I read some minutes online from a Jul, 2010 meeting that said there was a hiring "freeze".

Not wanting to pick up a phone and call a USPHS recruiter, I figured I would throw the question out to someone on this forum instead.

If not, what are your thoughts about duty locations? Is there a list online of possible practice locations?

Thanks.
 
I don't know if they do, but slightly OT: Earlier today, I had a conversation with a woman whose mother is a nurse at a state-run home here in town, and twice, she has received an IOU instead of a paycheck, because the state just didn't have the funds to pay her. She did eventually receive the money, and while it was not good, a rubber paycheck would be even worse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks CVSStinks! Your word is gospel here, hehe. Just kidding. I appreciate the reply and looks like I'll just have to look elsewhere for my next career progression.
 
the surgeon general's assistant (pharmacist), who has spent years with USPHS recently spoke at my school and said there is currently a hiring freeze but hinted that it may be lifted within the next month or so.