anyone preparing for part 1 boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairy78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi people,
i am an international dentist preparing for my boards part 1.wanted to meet wiht&talk to studenst in the regular dds program.have some questions as to what u guys follow fo rthe boards etc.how u study?if youll could share some info that would be real sweet! :) thanks&have good one!

Members don't see this ad.

You'd probably get answers more to your liking in the International forum from those who have succesfully taken the Boards and matriculated into US programs.

But, all that is needed to do well on Part I are the Dentaldecks, and the released exams. If those items are known and understood then you'll do very well on the exam. I know that is an easy answer--I didn't fully believe it until after taking the exam--but I feel as though I was well prepared with those study aids.

Best of luck to you.

hi itsgavinc,
i already chat out there but i wanted to know if anyone was studying the kaplan onine questions.ho useful are they?i am not bale to remebr anythign in the cards&am not doing too good with the papers as well.i have a frined who took her part 1,two weeks ago&she says that no questoins came form the decks&question papers,so we have to study soemhting else.i am confused pls help.how much was your score?thank u so much for replying!

The online Kaplan questions are a very poor study aid when compared to the Decks or released exams. See this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=137830

Your friend who said that no questions came from the decks or the released exams is sorely mistaken. It is true that rarely do the Part I questions match the Dentaldecks questions on the front of the cards, but I'd say that 60% (at least!) of the actual exam questions were information covered on the backs of the cards. Another 10-15% of questions were ones straight from old released exams, or variations on those questions.

Decks and exams are by far your best bet when studying.