Anyone re-taking (or taking) the GRE this month?

Started by Silvane
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Silvane

WesternU c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took mine in August, but I want to raise my scores a bit. I got 650 V and 580 Q, which was actually higher than I expected, but I know I can do better (plus my GPA is below average, so any bit helps).

Thing is, I'm kind of worried that my GRE scores won't make it in time... anyone in this situation or have any advice? I was thinking of re-taking it on the 20th.

Thanks! Hope everyone is doing okay with their apps. 😛
 
I think alot of the schools tell you what date you would have to take it by in order for them to get your scores on time. I thought it was sometime in the first week of September but I could be wrong, and it would depend on the school's deadline for when they want your scores.
 
I doing the exact same as you. I took it in August but am considering trying again next week to see if i can raise my Verbal score up a little. (570 V, 760 Q), My gpa is also not the highest, so a higher gre score would be nice.

Each school publishes when they need to receive your scores by and the last date you can take the GRE. For me Minnesota is the only school who will not look at my new gre score, as they mandate the last day to take it as Sept 1st.

So just check up on each schools deadline so you know if its worth it for you to try again.
 
I've seen at least one school that say they require you take it on or before Sept 15. So that's what I'm going to do! You can check on the website of the schools you're applying to though because maybe the 20th is okay with them.