anyone rejected before...why

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manutdmax

Accepted PharmD Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone here applied to pharmacy school and been rejected, what did you do then, what are your other choices, whats your plans am just interested because i know its hard to get in

Members don't see this ad.

1st try: Rejected! (too low GPA)
2nd try: Rejected! (too low GPA)
3rd try: Rejected! (too low GPA)
4th try: Rejected! (good GPA, not good enough application letter)
5th try: Accepted.

Just raise your GPA and keep trying. I can't give you any more specific advice than that.

in the letter, they stated they have over 5 thousands applicants and you weren't even selected for an interview, let alone; this year the applicants exceeded, blah blah, it was more competitive and you weren't competitive enough blah blah, there were over 90,000 applicants last year

Members don't see this ad :)
just apply early.

Just raise your GPA and keep trying. I can't give you any more specific advice than that.

What was the GPA that was too low for them may I ask?

my overall GPA is 3.373

my science GPA is 3.85 but I still have another year of pre-req to complete.

Seveneighty, congratulations on never giving up. I guess you were very sure on what you wanted.

I applied for this year and didn't get it. I did recieve a scholarship to go to that school, so I am taking more advanced math and science classes to pass my time until I can apply again. I made it to the waiting list, but ultimately didn't get accepted.:(
I had a 63 on my PCAT, 3.7 GPA, and community service under my belt. I am trying to raise my PCAT. I believe that is the reason I didn't get in. So hopefully my August score is at least a 70. If I was an alternate last year, surely I can get in next year if I raise my scores.

I guess the admissions people were so tired of seeing you, it was easier to accept you. :D Just kidding. I admire your persistence. I probably would have given up after second attempt, or third at most. I have never known anyone to apply more than three times... Congratulations on making it! :)

i dont know
but i do have a cumulative 2.9 GPA , biology 3.2 GPA, i dont have all the pre reqs yet, i dont know , i willl take the PCAT either this october or january, am working as pharm tech, what are my chances ....

Some people go back to school and/or work (ideally in a pharmacy) during the interim. You need to establish when you MUST get into pharmacy school. I know that I probably couldn't reapply seven times like this M.D. I know. Once you set a date, you can get a better idea of which option suits you better.

i dont know
but i do have a cumulative 2.9 GPA , biology 3.2 GPA, i dont have all the pre reqs yet, i dont know , i willl take the PCAT either this october or january, am working as pharm tech, what are my chances ....

Possible if you get your cumulative above 3.0 with a PCAT that is 80+. Rolling admissions schools may be more beneficial to you than your 3.7 and 90 PCAT student.

I applied and interviewed. My cum gpa is a 3.2, my math and science is only a 2.5 however. I have loads of volunteer/community service in pharmacy, 2 years tech experience and a BS. My PCAT was only a 41 because I didn't study AT ALL! This year I am retaking my PCAT (obviously) and retaking some math and science classes to get my grades up.

I applied and interviewed. My cum gpa is a 3.2, my math and science is only a 2.5 however. I have loads of volunteer/community service in pharmacy, 2 years tech experience and a BS. My PCAT was only a 41 because I didn't study AT ALL! This year I am retaking my PCAT (obviously) and retaking some math and science classes to get my grades up.

Yeah, that PCAT score is bad given that you don't even make the minimum cutoff for most PCAT schools.

Members don't see this ad :)

And since when is "I didn't study at all" a good explanation? Is that what you tell the family of a patient who dies because you miss a serious drug interaction "I just didn't feel like looking it up?" Sorry, attitude like this coupled with GPA like that will not get you into a pharmacy school.

has anyone here applied to pharmacy school and been rejected, what did you do then, what are your other choices, whats your plans am just interested because i know its hard to get in

No one gets rejected. It is just a conspiracy to make you work harder.

And since when is "I didn't study at all" a good explanation? Is that what you tell the family of a patient who dies because you miss a serious drug interaction "I just didn't feel like looking it up?" Sorry, attitude like this coupled with GPA like that will not get you into a pharmacy school.

Well general laziness will most likely not get you into pharmacy school, but in the case where you decided on pharmacy late and didnt have time to study for PCAT, then I could understand.

What was the GPA that was too low for them may I ask?

my overall GPA is 3.373

my science GPA is 3.85 but I still have another year of pre-req to complete.

Can i asked where did you apply?

My new hero.

Hi,

I am new and interested in becoming a pharmacist myself. I have a B.S. in Economics already but I still need to take many prereqs for pharmacy school. Just wondering if it matters which pharmacy school you attend? Also, you will have to be a full time student once you get in right (meaning you cant work at all??)

Sorry guys I realize I may have exaggerated a bit.. only 4 tries in total. Not that it makes a huge difference. :) ;)

in the letter, they stated they have over 5 thousands applicants and you weren't even selected for an interview, let alone; this year the applicants exceeded, blah blah, it was more competitive and you weren't competitive enough blah blah, there were over 90,000 applicants last year

90,000? Are you serious? What school... I don't want to apply there. lol