Anyone still holding out for the UCs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliMD

CaliDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it still possible to get secondary invites from the UC's? Several of my friends have already gotten these coveted secondaries and have sent them back, and I'm still waiting. Is there still hope? I'm just trying to be realistic considering the fact that interview season is now in full swing.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a UCSF invite today, as of 4:21 pacific time. When was your AMCAS data entered? Mine was entered 9/21. (August MCAT)

Wow. I thought I was the only one still waiting. UCSF didn't get my AMCAS app until 10/13. I got a secondary from UCI a while back, but that's just about it from the UCs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten all the UC secondaries except UCSF (rejected pre-secondary) and UC Davis. I've been complete since forever... like in early August, and I still haven't heard a thing from Davis (which is my alma mater!! =P gimme a break!!!) but my friend who applied later than me by 2 months got a secondary. I know my stats should be competitive enough to get a secondary at least. My roommate is in the same boat as well. I still have hope though. Patiently waiting...

No worries. UC = bureaucracy

Guys just be patient with them cos they do take a while.
I am an August mcat taker.
Got secondary from UCI, DAVIS AND LA about 2 weeks after MCAT results
Got UCSD this monday and then got UCSF yesterday. SO let's remain optimistic and we'll see what happens from there.

The UCs take FOREVER to do any and everything. Holding out for the UCs is going to make me a Zen master. What is the sound of an empty inbox?