Anyone still waiting for interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocky90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone that that has not received a single interview so far with 19AA, good gpa and applied late? Should I still keep any hopes of hearing something? Feeling low and am thinking whether I should start preparing for next cycle now.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i still haven't heard back from 10 schools, when will they tell me

Members don't see this ad :)
Happened to me the first time I applied. Don't hang on to hope, it'll just eat you up over time. You'll feel even worst if nothing happens and you realize you wasted so much time worrying. Instead, keep improving your app and get ready for the next cycle in a couple months.

I already have 5 acceptances but I want a UCLA interview so baddd :love:

Yes! My sGPA is 3.92, 20TS 21AA 21PAT, applied to 15 schools, and only received 1 interview, and 3 rejections...

I have 107 credit hours of dental education from a respected university in Egypt, and around 70 from an undergrad here in the US.. many ECs, and research, and shadowing!!

I don't think we should worry, for a reason. The guy who is claiming he had 5 acceptances, can't attend them all! Just like many like him, who applied earlier than us, and got more than 3 acceptances.

Cheer up my friend... I once read that around 11k applicants apply to dent school, and around 4k get accepted, that's more than third... Other words, one out of three applicants (some of them aren't as competitive as you) will get accepted... Don't worry, give it some time.

Good luck to all of us!

I am in the same boat, I submitted my application over the summer but had to retake the DAT so my application was not complete until late November- early December. Thankfully I applied to a lot of schools....but have not heard back from most of them :/ I hope to hear back this week crossing my fingers, I really do not want to go through this again next year!

so we should get interviews or rejections pretty soon ?

You have no idea how bad I want UCLA. UCLA is my dream school! Too bad it's damn near impossible to get one out of state.

Yeah I am out of state. Time is ticking....here's to hoping!

Yeah, I have my fair share of acceptances but would love to get an interview from UCLA, UCSF or UOP..being from California and all.

No interview invites yet.....

should we just give up by now ? :( </3

I was hopeful for tufts becuase I got this email in november

"Thank you for your interest in Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has undergone an initial review. While impressed with your candidacy, the Admissions Committee would like to place your application on hold pending review of your fall 2011 semester grades."

and I did fairly well ( at least I think so) last quarter and sent it to them and notified that I sent it, and got an email back right away saying thanks for the update, but still nothing (that was 2 weeks ago)

that was my only hope :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview from Midwestern this week, so I bet there are other schools still interviewing as well! Keep your hopes up!

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I hope schools are still sending interviews. I have decent stats and know of people who had lower scores than me (including gpa) and have got accepted. I am starting to get worried now. Till when do schools usually still send interview invites? So far I have one rejection and waiting to hear from the rest. I sent an email to the school which rejected my app. asking them if they could provide some suggestions (almost 3 weeks back) but havent heard from them. Do schools reply back if you request how you could improve your application and what were the problems in the application?
Thanks

I hope schools are still sending interviews. I have decent stats and know of people who had lower scores than me (including gpa) and have got accepted. I am starting to get worried now. Till when do schools usually still send interview invites? So far I have one rejection and waiting to hear from the rest. I sent an email to the school which rejected my app. asking them if they could provide some suggestions (almost 3 weeks back) but havent heard from them. Do schools reply back if you request how you could improve your application and what were the problems in the application?
Thanks

It depends on the school. Don't kill yourself over this..after a certain point, it's all about luck. You can only do so much! Hang in there, everything happens for a reason!!

I'll be rescinding my interview that was supposed to be at MWU in March later this week, so someone else will hopefully get that interview.

rescinded from Western, Tufts, MWU-AZ. Goodluck! Well, it was awhile back, but still

I would be prepping for next cycle that way it seems like you're always doing something to make yourself better, rather than in May or June when you've gotten your denials that you need to do a bunch of stuff (shadowing, redoing essays, volunteering, etc.) that it wasn't just for an application. Develop something new about yourself (find a hobby, travel some, get some "world experience").

I haven't heard anything from VCU or Louisville..anyone else in the same position?

I applied to 9 schools. Have gotten denied from 4, and haven't heard anything from the other 5 except that they have my application. At this point I am just not worrying about it anymore. I doubt I'll get accepted for this year but nothing I can do for it at this point.

I have heard that some schools will accept all the way into august and sometimes even into the first couple of weeks of school. ( This told to me by a current dentist who had a few people enter his class the first or second week of school.) The dental schools want to have their classes full, and will keep accepting to fill it.

Keep your heads up. Don't worry about it too much, just focus on keeping your grades where they should be and if it's meant to happen it will.

I am from va and have heard nothing from vcu

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I applied to 9 schools. Have gotten denied from 4, and haven't heard anything from the other 5 except that they have my application. At this point I am just not worrying about it anymore. I doubt I'll get accepted for this year but nothing I can do for it at this point.

I have heard that some schools will accept all the way into august and sometimes even into the first couple of weeks of school. ( This told to me by a current dentist who had a few people enter his class the first or second week of school.) The dental schools want to have their classes full, and will keep accepting to fill it.

Keep your heads up. Don't worry about it too much, just focus on keeping your grades where they should be and if it's meant to happen it will.

Accepting students after classes have started is cruel. It makes business sense for the school, but that places the student in a harsh position not only with classes, but his living situation and everything.

I had a very late application date, but got an interview and accepted to MWUAZ in late Jan. I'm pretty sure they're still interviewing. Keep up hope, and try not to look for updates more than once or twice a day or you'll go crazy. If it comes, it comes.