Anyone took the GRE and what was your experience with it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I took it several years ago. Everyone has differences in their test taking ability but it is a prototypical standardized test. Assuming you don't have significant weaknesses a few weeks should be enough to get a decent score. I enjoyed using magoosh to prep but like I said its been several years and its possible there are better/newer resources.
 
If you have any specific questions feel free to DM me.
Overall I felt that it was much easier than SAT/ACT. I used a set of GRE flash cards to memorize vocab words and did a few math practice tests the week leading up to the exam. Since I had an engineering background, i felt more prepared for math. i dont think it’s something you have to immensely stress about and study for like the DAT.