• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Anyone took the GRE and what was your experience with it?

doktorinprogres

7+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2013
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I took it several years ago. Everyone has differences in their test taking ability but it is a prototypical standardized test. Assuming you don't have significant weaknesses a few weeks should be enough to get a decent score. I enjoyed using magoosh to prep but like I said its been several years and its possible there are better/newer resources.

Reactions: 1 user

bluejay18

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2018
If you have any specific questions feel free to DM me.
Overall I felt that it was much easier than SAT/ACT. I used a set of GRE flash cards to memorize vocab words and did a few math practice tests the week leading up to the exam. Since I had an engineering background, i felt more prepared for math. i dont think it’s something you have to immensely stress about and study for like the DAT.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.