Anyone traveling to Guatemala this summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YourMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be traveling to Guatemala in June for Spanish immersion classes/medical missions. I'd love to link up with fellow medical students who will also be in town.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Will also be in town?

Guatemala is a big country: about the size of NY state.

C'mon, you can't be that naive.

It amazes me that some medical students have the time to dissect SDN posts and, take each word of a thread literally. It's quite obvious that Guatemala is a country so relax, you didn't make any new discoveries there. " Who is going to be in town" is more of a figure of speech. Take a deep breath, relax, everything will be just fine!
 
They have couple awesome bars/pub. One i recommend is lucky rabbit bar and game room. Lot of games, cheap drinks and one of the best pizzas i have had. They have this cool chocolate factory. They offer learning sessions but gotta sign up early. Lots of hiking around and much more.

Hostels wise, I can't help. I went with what the volunteer organization offered in the package.