Anyone tried Pastest question bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZKenpachi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I found this promotion today from Pastest (www.pastest.com) for a free 12 months subscription! I thought they were new, but apparently they've been around for a couple of years, and their website says they have had 135,625 users in the past 12 months!

So has anyone here tried it? Obviously it's for free, so I can't complain about a free question bank, but I'm a little cautious about using an untested resource, in case it has errors.

I made an account and tried a couple of questions. The ones I did seemed very straight forward, 1st and 2nd order questions. It's nothing like UW, but it could be helpful to some people. They also include FA page number in their explanations, which is nice.

Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah i rushed through resp - 13 qns, and got a 50%. :O :O and im in the nbme 240 range.
good questions. hard i would say.

dont know how useful it would be for the test. Anyone know anyone whos used it?

I did the same, rushed through 40 questions on random. Ended up with 30 correct, could've been more had I concentrated fully. I found the questions to vary in quality. Several straight-from-FA types mixed with a few UW style questions and then a couple about stuff I haven't come across in any resource. I also found their questions to be consistently ambiguous... and not in a good way. Overall I thought the quality was significantly below UW.

Hey guys

I found this promotion today from Pastest (www.pastest.com) for a free 12 months subscription! I thought they were new, but apparently they've been around for a couple of years, and their website says they have had 135,625 users in the past 12 months!

So has anyone here tried it? Obviously it's for free, so I can't complain about a free question bank, but I'm a little cautious about using an untested resource, in case it has errors.

I made an account and tried a couple of questions. The ones I did seemed very straight forward, 1st and 2nd order questions. It's nothing like UW, but it could be helpful to some people. They also include FA page number in their explanations, which is nice.

Opinions?

All lies.. they said they got 130K or so people on board in a year.. How ? Step 1 has 50K people giving the test every year. Don't believe their marketing gimmicks..

Also... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pastestusmle.app&hl=en_GB

Their Android page says 100-500 installs.. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi - I've signed up for Pastest's Step 1 Qbank and it seems pretty useful (met some of their guys at AMSA last year and they seemed genuine!). Maybe the 135,625 users thing refers to the company not just Step 1? Looks like they have Qbanks for heaps of other tests - bit like Kaplan

Hi - I've signed up for Pastest's Step 1 Qbank and it seems pretty useful (met some of their guys at AMSA last year and they seemed genuine!). Maybe the 135,625 users thing refers to the company not just Step 1? Looks like they have Qbanks for heaps of other tests - bit like Kaplan

joined today, 1 post...ok

companies need to stop doing this garbage.