Anyone use QBank and do well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diana_UC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have been using QBank, because I bought it before reading any of the posts on here.

Now, I feel like an idiot since I hear that UW is so much better. Am I screwed on this as well?

Did anyone use QBank and do well?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hi frnds,
can ny one tell m is there ny diff in the kaplan review book latest edition to tat of 3-4 yrs old edition review book....
plz reply m back...
thanks

Diana_UC said:
So, I have been using QBank, because I bought it before reading any of the posts on here.

Not, I feel like an idiot since I hear that UW is so much better. Am I screwed on this as well?

Thanks.

I used Qbank and did very well. I know how you feel, reading dozens of posts about how UW is a MUST HAVE and blah blah blah but if you use Qbank instead and spend tons of time with it I honestly don't think your grade is going to suffer vs using UW.

Anyway, that's just my experience.

Pompacil said:
I used Qbank and did very well. I know how you feel, reading dozens of posts about how UW is a MUST HAVE and blah blah blah but if you use Qbank instead and spend tons of time with it I honestly don't think your grade is going to suffer vs using UW.

Anyway, that's just my experience.

Thank you! I appreciate hearing that from someone. I was really getting the buyer's remorse there... especially, when I found out that UW is cheaper. The bastards. :cool:

Anyway, can I ask how long you studied/used QBank? Did you finish it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Diana_UC said:

Not, I feel like an idiot since I hear that UW is so much better. Am I screwed on this as well?

Thanks.
I didn't do UW and did very well on Step II. I did do about 25% of QBank and thought it was excellent.

Diana_UC said:
Thank you! I appreciate hearing that from someone. I was really getting the buyer's remorse there... especially, when I found out that UW is cheaper. The bastards. :cool:

I studied for about 4 weeks, though technically it was longer since I used qbank to study while I was on IM as well. But 4 weeks hardcore Step 2 studying. I finished it with around a week left, and started re-doing questions I got wrong. If you take notes on stuff you missed/guessed on, that helps too.

Diana_UC said:

Hi there,
I used Q-Bank and did very, very well. I finished all of the questions in two weeks and was totally saturated. UW did not exist when I took USMLE Step II so this was a non-issue. I suspect that since people today use one or the other, the folks who go with UW will say that is it the best and those who go with Q-Bank will say that it's best. In the end, if you get enough study time with either, you will probably be OK.

Q-Bank basically confirmed for me:
My knowledge base was good,
My problem-solving was good,
Their questions were harder than the actual exam and that doing Internal Medicine last was a better schedule than doing this rotation first as I had been told.

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence". Don't worry, you will be fine with Q-Bank. Just pick one or two sources and stay with them.

The test is long (400 questions) and tiring so get plenty of sleep the night before. My test was mostly medicine with the answers pretty obvious in most cases.

Good luck!
njbmd :)

Dude, I did all of qbank twice, got a 78% the first time and a 91% the second time and ended up with a Step 2 of 187!

Just kidding. I'm using just qbank and Crush Step 2 -- averaging 68% half way through. Optimistic, but still skeptical......

hey I'm using kaplan qbank for the next month. I did UW did most, couldn't finish it all and didnt wanna keep extending it. But whatever. I did UW subject wise, tutor mode, so not completly random and what not.

Came out with a final avg of 59% overall. In the 100 questions I've done thus far in kaplan I'm at 68%.

I've noticed that kaplan does seem easier. More hints, more clues in the question stem. The answers aren't as deceving as UW. UW I would sometimes have issues between 2 or 3 answers and would have no clue at that point even though I know what is being asked of me and what answer I feel like I should put down. A few times it was because I didn't know another name for the same disease process or something like that.

Kaplan isn't like that. When I miss a question its because of a judgement issue or just plain lack of knowledge.

Personally, I would think UW is better from my limited exeperience but its really a minute point. As long as you get the questions done, the questions challenge you and make you think about what the pt is going through, etc. and you read the answers and learn from it any qbank will be good for you.

I think sometimes its also a money issue when people suggest UW vs qbank. Its $150 for 1 month of qbank and $190 for 3 months UW.

I wouldn't regret going for qbank if thats what you are asking. And qbank now has a lot more questions written by Dr Fischer in there now.