anyone used Cliff's practice tests to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dovebar

hi guys,
i was just wondering if anyone has used cliff's practice tests to review for pcat. i don't want to buy it if it isn't hard enough...or if it's too easy. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Cliff's book is in my view hard, in a sense that there are few things specially in Chemistry that you cannot understand or do in a time limited situations.

Biology is okay, math can get tough at times but even then its fine.

Vocab and other English stuffs, you can practice those things using online tests that u can find for free. Ask Google for that!

Bottom line, I think personally, it's a good book to practice your PCAT exam and also to refresh few things that u might have forgotten.

So, go get it!!! Hurray!!

Cliff's book is in my view hard, in a sense that there are few things specially in Chemistry that you cannot understand or do in a time limited situations.

Biology is okay, math can get tough at times but even then its fine.

Vocab and other English stuffs, you can practice those things using online tests that u can find for free. Ask Google for that!

Bottom line, I think personally, it's a good book to practice your PCAT exam and also to refresh few things that u might have forgotten.

So, go get it!!! Hurray!!

thanks sam...i'm gonna get it then!:D

Members don't see this ad :)
i really hated this book. The writers of the questions don't know enough about math or chemistry, there are errors in the answers.
For chemistry they seem to focus alot on MO theory
For math I don't think they covered enough on calculus. (test changed)
The bio is random, guess it helps.

ok Orlly is right, there are mistakes in this book and to make it look harder they focus more on orbitals and other detailed theories. There is nothing wrong with it, but it reduces the importance of other subjects like concentration and electrochemical nature of chemicals, Ksp, Reaction rate, and other similar calculations.

I think they are trying to make it look hard, but still though, there is nothing wrong practicing them.

For math, as he/she said, they did not really focus in calculus and as far as I can remember there were geometry, which is not in PCAT anymore. So consider them outdated.

As for Biology, u can always get extra information. Nothing wrong with that.

Verbal is okay, u can practice. But getting to know things in a little different perspective is no Bias. I still would urge people to look through it. I sucked pretty bad in Chemestry with that book. May be people can feel more confident.

Right now I have Kaplan, I am going through it. Let's see.

oh well. i got it in my hands anyway... i also purchased the official pcat tests from the website. i'm using old mcat princeton review books to study all the subjects, i'll see how it goes. i don't feel like spending n e more money. one more month to go!! i'm just getting done with my final tommorrow...then it's pcat full time hehe.:eek:

Oh yeah, the official PCAT from the web site. Let me know how it goes and if you can give me some info about it in the kinds of questions that it has I would really appreciate it. I have almost everything (Barron's, Cliff's and Kaplan) and NOT planning to buy that. I also feel that I have spent enough on these books.

I don't know if I am ready for the exam, but I definitely wanna go with the positive mind.

I liked the Cliffs notes "quick review" books for Chemistry, Biology, Organic and Calculus. The books are very to the point and thin. :D

They look like this:
0764563750.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg