Anyone using this as a breather?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tesla123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got out of an orientation meeting and I can't believe how much is expected of M1's! Do you guys post to relax? How do you deal with the curriculum and life? I wonder how gunners make it through med school... :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

tesla123 said:
I just got out of an orientation meeting and I can't believe how much is expected of M1's! Do you guys post to relax? How do you deal with the curriculum and life? I wonder how gunners make it through med school... :thumbdown:

First, gunners make it thru med school by sacrificing fun, meaningful relationships, and humanness as a whole. They will be the docs that people hate to go to due to their lack of personality.

Normal med students come here to vent and to converse with others in similar situations. Find your own release. If it's SDN, so be it. You'll find a balance eventually, or you'll have a psychotic episode.

Um, it's not that bad. Really. The key is to not stress/freak out.

It's overwhelming at first, just know this. Things chill down after your first exam and you get used to everything.