Anyone using/ used Kaplan home study books?

EastCoaster78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2003
    I actually just got them (ebay $250) and theyre pretty decent but the path section seems to be a little lacking compared to brs. At least for GI and Endocrine, the only sections I have been through so far. I skimmed the basic pharm, mico, immuno, and biochem and they seem pretty solid. I just got them yesterday, so I'll post back after I do a once through.

About the Ads

pristine21

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Sep 4, 2004
    1. Medical Student
      They are worth it if you will use them, but they take time to read, so dont buy them unless you think you can devote the time. I am a slow reader and calculated that it will take me about 3-5 hours a week from now until may to get through them all if I spend ~12 hours a day over christmas and spring break as well. This year is hardcore!!!

I just started using an old copy- I read them along with BRS path during the theme that I am in. I think they are great- they really sum up first year well, and cover all the major points my lecture covers as well, so I focus a lot on that stuff that is taught in class and on the boards- They also came highly reccomended by a friend in third year who did the same as i am doing and got a 250-

Twitch

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 17, 2004
      1. Medical Student
        I had the same question. I have the option of purchasing the home study review or getting the class books at a discount with my school, so also are they any different from the kaplan class books? thanks in advance

How good are the discounts for the kaplan class books?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.