Anyone using/ used Kaplan home study books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EastCoaster78

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing them, wondering if anyone who used them could share their opinions, how do they compare to First Aid?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same question. I have the option of purchasing the home study review or getting the class books at a discount with my school, so also are they any different from the kaplan class books? thanks in advance

I actually just got them (ebay $250) and theyre pretty decent but the path section seems to be a little lacking compared to brs. At least for GI and Endocrine, the only sections I have been through so far. I skimmed the basic pharm, mico, immuno, and biochem and they seem pretty solid. I just got them yesterday, so I'll post back after I do a once through.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a set of latest edition (2005), which is four books as it shows on their website. Unmarked and new, PM me if you are interested.

They are worth it if you will use them, but they take time to read, so dont buy them unless you think you can devote the time. I am a slow reader and calculated that it will take me about 3-5 hours a week from now until may to get through them all if I spend ~12 hours a day over christmas and spring break as well. This year is hardcore!!!

I just started using an old copy- I read them along with BRS path during the theme that I am in. I think they are great- they really sum up first year well, and cover all the major points my lecture covers as well, so I focus a lot on that stuff that is taught in class and on the boards- They also came highly reccomended by a friend in third year who did the same as i am doing and got a 250-

I had the same question. I have the option of purchasing the home study review or getting the class books at a discount with my school, so also are they any different from the kaplan class books? thanks in advance

How good are the discounts for the kaplan class books?