Anyone who attended USC interview send thank you letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent0607

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I had a recent interview at USC and thought it was a pretty decent program, but wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate to send a thank you note because it's not a traditional interview. Anyone else who's interviewed there send anything post-interview thanking the staff for the opportunity to interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All
I had a recent interview at USC and thought it was a pretty decent program, but wasn't sure if it'd be appropriate to send a thank you note because it's not a traditional interview. Anyone else who's interviewed there send anything post-interview thanking the staff for the opportunity to interview?

I sent an email to my guide/observer an email because I found her attractive.

Did you interview there recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All

I interviewed on Nvov. 30th, so not in time for the Dec. 1 acceptance, but got in the second they started doing acceptances on Jan. 25, but I will be declining since I got into UW.

Mr. Teeth
Did you send a thank you letter after you interviewed?

I interviewed there recently. I didn't send a thank you note. since there were no traditional interviews...there wasnt anyone to send a thank you too.

does an interviewer is also in the admission commitee??

Thanks All
Yeah, I was thinking of sending kind of a general thank-you letter addressed to the director of admission just thanking him or her for the opportunity to visit and see the facilities, meet the students, etc., but wasn't too sure if that would be necessary. It's great to have this site to reference and see what others are doing in these situations. Thanks again everyone.

Thanks All
Yeah, I was thinking of sending kind of a general thank-you letter addressed to the director of admission just thanking him or her for the opportunity to visit and see the facilities, meet the students, etc., but wasn't too sure if that would be necessary. It's great to have this site to reference and see what others are doing in these situations. Thanks again everyone.

Well, I interviewed there last year, and I sent a thank you note. In my opinion it doesn't hurt, if anything it brings your name to their attention, and that can't be a bad thing :) I'd do it. btw I'm a first yr there, so I might be seeing one of you guys there during your interview lunch. Good luck!

Did you interview there recently?

sorry... i interviewed the 18th of january. again i wrote back to my cute tour guide but that's pretty much it... i will also decline because it's expensive and i think the program isn't too solid.

So why does everyone say it's not solid? How expensive is USC?

There are many threads that address this issue. Tuition is about 58,000 a year, and thats JUST tuition. My loans for this first year are at about 90,000.
Some people dont like the idea of PBL.