Anyone who started a business in medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marsupial

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If so, what type? how has it worked out for you
I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

^ What kind of businesses did they start? I'm curious to know as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm devoting this summer to a tech business with my buddy, who is graduating from business school. Didn't wanna do any more basic science research

Hopefully it will go well!

A girl in my class had a publishing business before she came to school. She dropped out after a semester to work on it full time.

Realistically, while you may have time to work on business during 1st, 2nd, and 4th year, you will not have any time 3rd year and residency so you'll need to find someone who can manage it for you.

I know some people who started:

a medical software company
a web development company
a consulting company
an advertising company

Medical school is a busy time, but it's also a time when you may get exposed to some novel ideas.

<---A video game company? haha.

I believe the founders of Bioware met eachother at med school, and somehow they went from medical software to games like Mass Effect.

Hey guys,

I saw this thread. I am currently a fellow in rads. I got involved with this company in medical school doing marketing and sales for health and wellness products which actually compliments medicine quite nicely. You basically operate your own business. Without getting into details, it is not so difficult to build up a recurring revenue base anywhere from a few hundred dollars a month to thousands (depending on your effort). Trust me even a couple hundred extra a month can help you get through residency more comfortably.

If your interested I can tell you more. Just message me.

Hey guys,

I saw this thread. I am currently a fellow in rads. I got involved with this company in medical school doing marketing and sales for health and wellness products which actually compliments medicine quite nicely. You basically operate your own business. Without getting into details, it is not so difficult to build up a recurring revenue base anywhere from a few hundred dollars a month to thousands (depending on your effort). Trust me even a couple hundred extra a month can help you get through residency more comfortably.

If your interested I can tell you more. Just message me.

Better living through multilevel marketing, eh?

You just need the right idea. In America, first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the woman.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8g__x6ExM8[/YOUTUBE]