Have people started receiving residency interview invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dosh0

Reaction score
Have people started receiving residency interview invitations? I applied to radiology residency programs widely before 9/27. No invitations yet. I haven't seen anyone mentioning that he/she has received an invitation so I wanted to check here. Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are on the neurotic side (I mean no offense to you, @dosh0 ; all doctors have a neurotic bent), there is a spreadsheet for DR/IR applicant info. It's hardly official, just random applicants posting info, but that's what SDN is, if you think about it.

DR/IR Spreadsheet 23-24

Last edited:
Yes, for anesthesia one away program and one gold signal, but it’s still super early so stop stressing. They will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it mean anything to receive an early interview invite? Like deeper meaning. I know it means you were invited. But what does it mean?

Yes people are getting interviews but it’s still very early. I have 4 rads 1 ty. My theory is that the higher tier and academic centers don’t send them out quite as early as the less desirable programs.

Got 1 TY from a new program. I applied rad onc and very few programs have sent out invites, I haven't gotten any yet :-(

I have 4 psych and 4 FM. I applied very, very broadly to 180 programs total and targeted FM programs I didn't think would have a high volume of applicants.

To the DO's reading this thread. I have noticed over the last few .years DO interviews for residencies are coming in later. Had a student with a high 240's Step 1 about 5 yrs ago and had no interviews for Anesth until Dec after I made some phone calls to our local uni. They were a great applicant and eventually matched a Top 5 program. I think PDs are looking at the DO pile of apps a little later. I have no proof but just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 3 users
I have 4 psych and 4 FM. I applied very, very broadly to 180 programs total and targeted FM programs I didn't think would have a high volume of applicants.
Applying to 180 programs for psych and FM is ludicrous.

To the DO's reading this thread. I have noticed over the last few .years DO interviews for residencies are coming in later. Had a student with a high 240's Step 1 about 5 yrs ago and had no interviews for Anesth until Dec after I made some phone calls to our local uni. They were a great applicant and eventually matched a Top 5 program. I think PDs are looking at the DO pile of apps a little later. I have no proof but just my 2 cents.

I’m applying neuro and it seems like some neuro programs are done sending interviews. But that’s just because the average neuro programs only gets around 200 applications from MD/DO and the rest are IMG. If you throw out the IMGs (which some neuro programs do) then you’re left with just 200 to review, which is possible to do within 1-2 weeks.

Anesthesia and IM programs are a different beast as they’re getting several thousand applications.

I’m applying neuro and it seems like some neuro programs are done sending interviews. But that’s just because the average neuro programs only gets around 200 applications from MD/DO and the rest are IMG. If you throw out the IMGs (which some neuro programs do) then you’re left with just 200 to review, which is possible to do within 1-2 weeks.

Anesthesia and IM programs are a different beast as they’re getting several thousand applications.
Fair point. Not all programs are the same.

Yeah I think anesthesia will be a blood bath this year….