Anyone with knowledge of SciPinion, LLC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewNeuroDemic

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have received a couple of emails from a company called SciPinion. I've never heard of it, and I tend to be pretty skeptical of stuff that smells like marketing and/or predatory publishing-esque. These email begin: "Your peers have identified you as an expert in your field and you have been invited to join our prestigious scientific community. To date we have paid experts more than $2 Million for their insights..." So both smells fishy and feels predatory.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this company? There are a couple of threads on ResearchGate that offer mixed opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

I have received a couple of emails from a company called SciPinion. I've never heard of it, and I tend to be pretty skeptical of stuff that smells like marketing and/or predatory publishing-esque. These email begin: "Your peers have identified you as an expert in your field and you have been invited to join our prestigious scientific community. To date we have paid experts more than $2 Million for their insights..." So both smells fishy and feels predatory.

Does anyone have any direct experience with this company? There are a couple of threads on ResearchGate that offer mixed opinions.
Face validity check- are you an "expert in your field" (e.g., multiple peer-reviewed publications? Years of high level academic and clinical work? Invited speaker at a minimum of large regional- if not national- topic area conferences? Mentorship of multiple other high level academics/clinicians in the topic area?)? If not, it's a scam. If so, it's probably still a scam (or at least not worth any effort on your part).