Anyone working through NEB process to practice in Canada?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaser16

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing the NEB program. I've done BCSE and NAVLE. Now just waiting to see when I can do the PSA, and then the CPE. I'm finding the waiting really frustrating. Anyone else working on the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I'm NEB candidate planning to take BCSE exam on June 2018 , any advice ?

Hi. I've scheduled my BCSE exam in July. If I pass (hopefully), I'll take the NAVLE in December. If you have any tips regarding both BSCE and NAVLE, please share with me. I'm lucky enough to be working in a clinic with very supportive boss and colleges.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. May I ask how did the BCSE exam go for you?

Any particular type of questions that caught you by surprise?

I just mailed my credentials to CVMA-NEB so as to get authorized to test. Hopefully in 3 months I can take BCSE and then get into Canada for NAVLE. I am in Kenya, East Africa and preparing alone. I have found useful groups online though where people share books ans personal notes.

I passed BCSE in July. Just sat NAVLE in December. Now waiting patiently for result. I will have to do PSA as well prior to CPE.

Reactions: 1 users
I passed BCSE in July. Just sat NAVLE in December. Now waiting patiently for result. I will have to do PSA as well prior to CPE.

Congratulations Doc! Right behind you

Congratulations. Any study tips or advice for BCSE? Taking the exam in April. Using zukureview for preparation. Thanks

I pass NAVLE. Such a relief. I joined Zuku for my BSCE and VetPrep for NAVLE. There are other valuable sources as well. I will summarize how I studied for the 2 exams and share with you guys later.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations. Any study tips or advice for BCSE? Taking the exam in April. Using zukureview for preparation. Thanks
I passed BCSE last November and used zuku review for it, great tool and in my case was sufficient to pass, most people on the blog seem to also use other sources, I guess it all depends on how you study, If you go to every link for a more complete explanation every time you answer a question then you really understand the case, but if you only take questions and just answer them and look at your scores then you will most likely not get all the information you could. I personally took quick notes on every single question I answered (and I did not complete most of the program). Best wishes. PS I wanted to take NAVLE in December but the application period had passed, now I'm scheduled for April.

Reactions: 1 user