Anyone's Drexel app still under review?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMD86

'Pre' free!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, I checked out my Drexel status, and it still says "Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision." It's been like this since October, and obviously, their interview season has been over for weeks. Anybody else in the same boat/ find it outrageous that your application fee does not even buy you a rejection letter? At this point I'd settle for an email, a status change, or a simple middle finger shaped postcard.

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiousity, I checked out my Drexel status, and it still says "Your file has been reviewed and will be re-evaluated later in the season for a final decision." It's been like this since October, and obviously, their interview season has been over for weeks. Anybody else in the same boat/ find it outrageous that your application fee does not even buy you a rejection letter? At this point I'd settle for an email, a status change, or a simple middle finger shaped postcard.

I got thin envelopes from all but one of the schools that rejected me. That school just changed my status to "file closed" on their website. At least Drexel has an excuse: They get an insane amount of applications. Thin envelope or not, it's not a fun process.

Yeah mine says the same thing. I'm assuming it means we're rejected :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got thin envelopes from all but one of the schools that rejected me. That school just changed my status to "file closed" on their website. At least Drexel has an excuse: They get an insane amount of applications. Thin envelope or not, it's not a fun process.

I don't think they get more applications than all the typical high volume schools (BU, GW, Temple...). Besides, It's not like the high volume made them lose my app or something. It was received, processed, reviewed, and placed on hold. I doubt they have more than a few hundred applications in this category. I don't know, I think it speaks volumes of the quality of the school. [/rant]

Yeah, I applied in June 2007 and never heard anything back from Drexel, not an email, not a letter, nothing. I assume that I'm still being reviewed. In the meantime, I have been attending medical school at the University of Utah while my hopes for Drexel diminish each passing month... :D