Anything from Iowa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard from Iowa or know what their timetable is?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been talking with Elaine Brown (admissions UIA) she said all apps are "under review" and they will be contacting most people "after reviewing their files" in October.

I have been talking with Elaine Brown (admissions UIA) she said all apps are "under review" and they will be contacting most people "after reviewing their files" in October.

I got an interview request in the mail this saturday. I'm out of state, so they might be getting us out of the way first. GL

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything from them other than that my file was complete. Congratulations on the interview...hopefully we will all start hearing soon!!

Congratulations on the interview claydds:thumbup:
Utahdad - how did you hear that your file was complete? Mail? AADSAS? My application was mailed Aug 4th and Iowa still hasn't acknowledged receiving it on AADSAS. I've called a couple times but I always get an answering machine.

and claydds - when are they interviewing?

I got an interview from Iowa like two weeks ago. I am up for Oct 6th.

I'm a re-applicant from in state (waiting list last year). Since I interviewed last year, I don't have to interview again this year, Elaine said, but she had to mark "invited for interview" to show that my file is under review.

Anyway, last year, Elaine said they did interview out-of-staters first.

they sent me a letter deferring my application even though my letters arent even in. I thought it was kind of unfair

I had Elaine's number dialed this morning then decided to check my email one last time and there was an email from Iowa - finally! I wonder why it took so long. The out of staters that got interviews - when were your apps mailed out? (mine was aug 4th) This email was just the request for secondary and money, so they probably won't start reviewing my app until it's in, yeah? Guess I'm missing October interviews :(

Nope the silence is deafening they haven't even asked for their fee yet

I got a letter back in July (before I even took my DAT) stating that my file was being placed on hold until further notice.... I still haven't recieved that notice.

I got a letter back in July (before I even took my DAT) stating that my file was being placed on hold until further notice.... I still haven't recieved that notice.

Really? That sucks. They called me pretty much right after I took my DAT in Aug to ask me what my scores were. Then Elaine said that I should be hearing back from them soon about an interview. They followed through for me, so I don't what happened in your case. Call them maybe?

How does Iowa contact you about an interview? On my AADSAS it says "invited for interview."

How does Iowa contact you about an interview? On my AADSAS it says "invited for interview."

Go ahead and call them. You should be getting a letter in the mail saying to go ahead and do it. But if it's up on AADSAS, then call 'em now.

there are 3 out of stater interview dates, the first being the 13th of oct

I believe that armoredtooth heard from Iowa a few weeks ago. It wasn't the kind of news you are hoping for, so I would take that as a good sign.

Yay, finally some love from Iowa :D