AOA approval for ACGME res.?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B_ADAMS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would one go about getting AOA approval for an acgme residency?

I am from Louisiana, which has very few practicing DOs and just recently totally accepted DO/MD equality (more or less).

Naturally there are no osteopathic residencies in the state, but I would like to go back to LA for Res and eventually to practice.

I have no problem doing the rotating internship, in fact I would like do it, but I do not know how that would be looked upon when applying to a residency because of funding reasons.

As of now, I would like to go EM.

Also, I am only in my 1st year of med school, but I know some of these things take time.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Although it seems like a long-shot, you should talk to Dr. Murphy and see if he would consider looking in LA for new A-OPTIC sites. True, LA couldn't classically be thought of as 'Appalachian', but there are some new sites as far southwest as Mississippi that are outside the purvue of Appalachia. This would only help you with your rotating year, as I understand it, but would likely be a step in the right direction. You have probably already thought of this...

Hey, Randy this is Ben.

Hope things are going well in AL. Hope to see you soon.

Shhhhh, Ben. You broke the code. Now everyone knows my real name! (hee, hee, hee) I got my card saying my file was complete. Am in wait mode for an interview...

phd2b