AOA report

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NontradICUdoc

Why so Serious?????
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
class size increases!!

Meeting Notices

The next meeting of the AOA Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) will be held on Saturday, April 29 and Sunday, April 30, 2006, at the O’Hare Hilton Hotel in Chicago, IL. Review of accreditation activities will begin on April 29 at 8:00am CT.

One continuing provisional accreditation on-site visit report will be on the agenda of this meeting: Edward Via Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Blacksburg).

Three on-site visit reports of branch campuses will be reviewed: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine – Bradenton (FL); Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine – Nevada (Henderson) and Georgia-Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Suwanee).

Four on-site visit reports from focused visits will be reviewed: Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Ft. Lauderdale, FL); Des-Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (IA); New York College of Osteopathic Medicine (Old Westbury) and Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (MO).

Four progress reports will be reviewed from: West Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Lewisburg); Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (New York, NY) with continued deliberation on the application for Pre-accreditation; A.T. Still University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine-Mesa (AZ) and Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (MO).

Four applications for substantive changes will be reviewed from: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine (Stratford) – class size increase; New York College of Osteopathic Medicine (Old Westbury) – curriculum change and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (PA) – class size increase and curriculum change.

Members don't see this ad.

i always thought the class size of UMDNJ was a plus..that was one of the main reasons why i applied there...now that they are increasing the class size it doesnt appeal to me as much..

I'm curious where this info came from as there definitely is a curriculum change planned but I do not know of any increase in student body size. If it's going to increase here it certainly won't be by much though.

-J

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they scrapped that idea. If not, I would like to see where they would stuff more students in, our classrooms are cozy.

Nate said:
I heard they scrapped that idea. If not, I would like to see where they would stuff more students in, our classrooms are cozy.

How large are your classes?