AOA, top 25 school, Failed Step 2CS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freefall

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in total shock right now (and so is my Dean).

I have no idea what to do or what the implications will be. Throughout med school, I've always gotten the highest marks for my interpersonal skills, but this is the exact area of Step 2CS that they failed me.

In typical Kubler-Ross fashion, I am in total denial right now. I just don't understand what happened, especially considering that my school has the largest standardized patient program in the country. And, we've been working with SPs since day one.

So far, no one in my school has failed either of the Step II exams this year (except, for me, of course). The school will still let me graduate, but I am not sure how I am going to tell the program I matched into (a top 3 optho program).

Well, as you can imagine, this has been a pretty crappy day. I am also a bit ticked off about the fact that there is nothing I or my school can do (The NBME gives essentially no feedback). I feel totally helpless, upset, extremely embarassed, and very much an outcast.

Members don't see this ad.

scootad. said:
Where did you hear this? It never said this in FA. I'm afraid I did this for every single one of my pts. Who has the time to ask about each individual symptom in a ROS and pause after each one when you have such a short amt of time for the H&P??!

You only ask the obvious questions and in the ROS state: as per HPI above. It states something like that in FA for Step 2 CS.

Firion451 said:
You all have to realize WHY we have to take this test to begin with. It is approximately 1% to weed out IMG's who can't speak English but 99% as a political move to soothe the lay public who are fed up with doctors who are short with them and only give them like 2 seconds of face time. This is abolutely verified becaue there were several articles in the lay press commending the NBME for now making new doctors "pass the test of bedside manner" before graduation.

When dealing with stupid liberal $hit like this, you really have to go out of your way to play the game (as other posters have already mentioned). You have to coddle the patient like they're a friggin 2 year old, ask them like 5 times if they need pain medication, ask them what they think is wrong with them or what they feel they want done, keep yes/no questions to a minimum, and try to unearth the patient's "dirty secret" (e.g. business exec with CP is actually a cocaine user).

Could we please keep the name calling out of this? By referring to this exam as stupid and liberal you just lost at least half of your audience. I met the guy who is repsonsible for this. I do not know if he is liberal or neo-con, what I do know is that he is all politician. You are right though, the NBME conducted a survey in which the majority of respondents said they thought an exam such as BS would be good. Guess what we get to take BS.

Another point, the FMGs have had to take this exam or something like it for a while now. The exam has just been expanded to include those of us who are graduating from US and Canadian LCME schools. The exam as it is now has less to do with catching FMGs who can't communicate adequately in English, than it does with testing the 30 % of US grads who never had a physical exam witnessed by an attending.

Does this exam bite big donkey bars? Yes. Is it here to stay? Yes. Will I ever volunteer to do anything for the benefit of the NBME or volunteer to sit on my state's board after this? Hell no!

Please let us know how this works out for you and how you handled the situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
backontop said:
i also agree that a white male with a good physique is highest risk for failing (other than the 1% or so who cant speak english). i also would like to add that attractive people are more likely to fail ( do you understand why?? )

Okay, you got my attention. I'm a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, 6-foot tall former Marine Sergeant - I'm 225 pounds of solid muscle (a former-nationally-ranked powerlifter) - and my wife (and my mom) think I'm good looking ;)

I haven't gotten my results back yet. Should I be scared?

Seriously, though....what's your reasoning behind this statement?

Furrball said:
Could we please keep the name calling out of this? By referring to this exam as stupid and liberal you just lost at least half of your audience. I met the guy who is repsonsible for this. I do not know if he is liberal or neo-con, what I do know is that he is all politician. You are right though, the NBME conducted a survey in which the majority of respondents said they thought an exam such as BS would be good. Guess what we get to take BS.

Another point, the FMGs have had to take this exam or something like it for a while now. The exam has just been expanded to include those of us who are graduating from US and Canadian LCME schools. The exam as it is now has less to do with catching FMGs who can't communicate adequately in English, than it does with testing the 30 % of US grads who never had a physical exam witnessed by an attending.

Does this exam bite big donkey bars? Yes. Is it here to stay? Yes. Will I ever volunteer to do anything for the benefit of the NBME or volunteer to sit on my state's board after this? Hell no!

I agree with you about the liberal part losing an audience, but I doubt anywhere near half of people reading posts here are offended by the test being called stupid.

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump - my story is exactly the same as Freefall's (and the others on this thread). If you'd feel like giving me a PM or anything regarding how you got on with your lives after your CS debacle I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

Hello there,

I was in a similar situation. I had to retake it and thankfully passed it the second time. I did not get to enjoy my match day (though met some people in same situation). I think it's a bogus ******ed exam and feel they randomly fail people. No real reasoning behind it. I hate that exam. Anyhow, after getting in more debt I traveled half way around the country and took it in order to have the score by graduation time and in time for intern year. Thankfully it all worked out. I was so upset after failing it. I had always done well with patients and was so shocked when I got a failing score. Horrible feeling. Felt numb and then just plain horrible. I ended rereading Step2 CS 3 times and the kaplan clinical skills book too (I went all out the second time) and thankfully must have done "something" differently or else they decided this time to fail someone else after making an extra thousand out of me. Don't worry about it just study very hard this time and go take that piece of crap exam again.

I like that name... Step 2 BS...

As for the SP's... at the Houston center, they have a Rick's Cabaret in the same building (adjoining). I could swear at least two of my patients were strippers.

We're being evaluated by strippers.

just wanted to bump this topic because the identical situation happened to me. my question is -- would it cost so much more for the NBME to pay physicians to sit behind those glass windows and grade us instead of using strippers (as somebody :) hysterically pointed out) and homeless people from the streets to grade us? this makes me feel like this test is nothing more than extortion.

does anybody feel like getting together and writing a joint letter to JAMA or something to complain about this? if so, email me [email protected]

(i'm mad b/c i've to pay $~900 x2 to take this invalid test twice...)

EndStep2CS said:
would it cost so much more for the NBME to pay physicians to sit behind those glass windows and grade us instead of using strippers (as somebody :) hysterically pointed out)
that was me... and it was true...
next door to the Houston center was a Rick's cabaret...
my Trichomonas counselling case was definitely a stripper...
and plus... her eyes were so red...
so either she took the acting too seriously and somehow infected her eyes with Trich too, or she was stoned...

I just took step 1 so I don't know how true any of this is or if it's common knowledge from FA, but I was talking to an IMG from Brazil who is studying for step 2 CS and he told me that you get marked down for saying "good" while nodding and talking to a patient, you're supposed to use more neutral phrases like "alright" etc. Also, he said you're never supposed to shake a patient's hand unless they offer you their hand first-- that's another deduction.

Needless to say I was shocked, none of this really seems intuitive, and behaviors that seem to come naturally to those of us who like people and enjoy talking with patients are some of the same behaviors that can cause great students to fail.

Seems like CS is just a mine field, and you have to avoid the "booby traps" to pass.

Doc Ivy said:
I just took step 1 so I don't know how true any of this is or if it's common knowledge from FA, but I was talking to an IMG from Brazil who is studying for step 2 CS and he told me that you get marked down for saying "good" while nodding and talking to a patient, you're supposed to use more neutral phrases like "alright" etc. Also, he said you're never supposed to shake a patient's hand unless they offer you their hand first-- that's another deduction.

I am willing to bet that your Brazilian friend is full of poop.

scholes said:
I am willing to bet that your Brazilian friend is full of poop.

I don't know one way or the other, but I'm curious as to why you think he'd lie?

Members don't see this ad :)
Doc Ivy said:
I don't know one way or the other, but I'm curious as to why you think he'd lie?

I am in no way saying he is lying. I am saying that he either has no idea what he is talking about or he is misinformed. I am willing to bet that the majority of US medical student test takers either consistently shook the hands of their patients firmly without any invitation to do so (as recommended by First Aid) or used the word "good" while talking to their patients. And the bottom line is 96% of US/Candian medical students pass this exam. I would bet that a lot more than 4% of test takers do the things your Brazilian friend warned against.

There are all these rumors about the test of things you cannot do and a lot of them seem rather silly. It is just my opinion. When you are in the exam room, the more you start worrying about things like "Oh crap, did the patient offer their hand before I shook it?" the more likely you are to lose site of what is important, like taking a good history and physical. So if you want to believe several of these things, then believe them. I am going to go ahead and trust the opinons of those who teach clinical skills and Step 2 CS preparation at my medical school and the physicians who write the books such as First Aid for Step 2 CS instead of giving much attention to seemingly silly advice from a Brazilian IMG. But hey, to each their own.

agree with scholes here. This Brazilian guy has no clue how the test is graded.

bigfrank said:
agree with scholes here. This Brazilian guy has no clue how the test is graded.

Good to know-- I figured it was hearsay, but it would seem to explain how some solid students fail this exam, which was the original issue at hand

I am a US med student, over 230 on step I, AOA, and I just failed step II CS. I studied hard for a week for this test, reading all of first aid, and practicing on my wife, plus our school had us practice with some standardized patients, which I got in the 90th percentile on. So this F makes absolutely no sense. I had heard horror stories (especially about white, good-looking boys like me), and I did everything possible to avoid failing. The possible things I did wrong: I forgot to re-tie one of the patients gowns, one SP seemed annoyed at me when I asked her if she used drugs (she was black), I ran out of time once and had to end before giving a full explanation of the diagnostic steps, and one of the SP's coughed and I forgot to get her water (a- it wasn't a bad cough, b-I did remember to turn lights off for someone with headache and never repeated painful maneuvers). My clinical notes and knowledge were excellent. I am a very humble person, and I am very nice and easy-going in actuality, and tried to be even more so in this exam. I have no idea how this is even possible. So I am forced to come to a couple conclusions.

1) This test was totally unfair—I took it in LA, and it was filled with black and Hispanic women (two who weren't even very good at English!!), and one elderly white lady. It was interesting too that I was one of only three or four US med students, and the rest were actually full doctors, mainly from Korea and India. Anyway, the SP's could have any vendetta they want against me for being a white kid, no matter how perfect I performed (and competing against actual doctors). The NBME hides this by not releasing any sort of evaluation that would help you improve. And just for the information of my stupid graders, I am not a rich white boy—I grew up in the ghetto and ate old bread out of the dumpster of the neighborhood bakery for two years. I came out of hell just as much as any black person in the ghetto. I gave my life to study and service, and this is how I am rewarded, by being told that after excelling in all my training thus far, I'm not good enough to be an MD. If I weren't in so much debt I would quit med school right now, just because I don't want to be a part of the kind of people who are running this show. I wish I could expose what a screwed up little prep club it is, having nothing to do with skill, smarts, or compassion.

2) The NBME says that the purpose of this exam is to help us improve bed-side manners. Then why are we supposed to rush in and rush out without even doing a thorough H&P, or talking about all the patient's concerns, or figuring out if we're missing anything? This exam taught me that I am not curt enough with my patients and I took too long finding out about their problems. Therefore, as soon as I pass this exam for real, I will make sure to take no longer than 15 minutes with each patient. If I ever have a doctor for a patient, I will ask him if he or she has ever been on the NBME, and if so, I will make sure he is in as much pain as possible. Why? Because the NMBE thinks I'm not a nice doctor, so I guess I'll just live up to that.

3) The NBME made up a test that eliminates any smart people from finishing medical school and, what's worse, embarrasses the specialty of medicine. I have not always been a super social person, but I am very nice and pretty smart. I wouldn't say I'm quirky at all, but either way, this exam must be testing all the wrong things. I have also accomplished a lot of significant research, but that doesn't matter. This is why the NBME has just embarrassed the entire specialty of medicine-- it no longer makes any difference how much you have contributed to science or medicine, or how talented or brilliant you are, or what you have overcome in your life. An MD just means you can talk to people about their sex life (good for psychiatrists and family medicine).

4) This test was made up by a bunch of old fart doctors who never had to go through nearly this much to become doctors. Back in their day, they didn't have nearly the competition that exists today. They didn't have to do research to get into med school or competitive residencies, and they didn't have to even study for step I, much less dedicate months of grueling study to it. Apparently they got tired of molesting little kids and decided to molest all of the US medical students instead. So for the new generation of med students, let's just remember this test is worthless and indicates nothing. Just as they have actors, this exam only tests the students ability to be an actor and find the random pieces of info that the SP's are looking for. Furthermore, it doesn't matter how good you are-- they have said they are going to fail 1 out of every 25 US med students (4%). Don't respect it for a second.

5) Since the NBME thinks it is essential that every MD have all these family medicine skills, why not make a step II for research skills, and another for surgical skills to be even more broad and balanced? (Sarcasm)

So… do you think there are any countries that would be willing to accept an AOA, excellent scientific researcher, and budding US doctor who is not compassionate enough? I think so. The US can take all these foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. Maybe the public thinks it is "good" that doctors are "learning bedside manners," but when people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do.

I am a US med student, over 230 on step I, senior AOA (in a top 25 school for clinical and research), and I just failed step II CS. I studied hard for a week for this test, reading all of first aid, and practicing on my wife, plus our school had us do 4 hours of standardized patients, which I got in the 90th percentile on. So this F makes absolutely no sense. I had heard horror stories (especially about white, good-looking boys like me), and I did everything possible to avoid failing. The possible things I did wrong: I forgot to re-tie one of the patients gowns, one SP seemed annoyed at me when I asked her if she used drugs (she was black), I ran out of time once and had to end before giving a full explanation of the diagnostic steps, and one of the SP's coughed and I forgot to get her water (a- it wasn't a bad cough, b-I did remember to turn lights off for someone with headache and never repeated painful maneuvers). My clinical notes and knowledge were excellent. I am a very humble person, and I am very nice and easy-going in actuality, and tried to be even more so in this exam. I have no idea how this is even possible. So I am forced to come to a couple conclusions.

1) This test was totally unfair—I took it in LA, and it was filled with black and Hispanic women (who weren't even very good at English!!), and one elderly white lady. It was interesting too that I was one of only three or four US med students, and the rest were actually full doctors, mainly from Korea and India. Anyway, the SP's could have any vendetta they want against me for being a white kid, no matter how perfect I performed (and competing against actual doctors). The NBME hides this by not releasing any sort of evaluation that would help you improve. And just for the information of my stupid graders, I am not a rich white boy—I grew up in the ghetto and ate old bread out of the dumpster of the neighborhood bakery for two years. I came out of hell just as much as any black person in the ghetto. I gave my life to study and service, and this is how I am rewarded, by being told that after excelling in all my training thus far, I'm not good enough to be an MD. If I weren't in so much debt I would quit med school right now, just because I don't want to be a part of the kind of people who are running this show. I wish I could expose what a screwed up little prep club it is, having nothing to do with skill, smarts, or compassion.

2) The NBME says that the purpose of this exam is to help us improve bed-side manners. Then why are we supposed to rush in and rush out without even doing a thorough H&P, or talking about all the patient's concerns, or figuring out if we're missing anything? This exam taught me that I am not curt enough with my patients and I took too long finding out about their problems. Therefore, as soon as I pass this exam for real, I will make sure to take no longer than 15 minutes with each patient. If I ever have a doctor for a patient, I will ask him if he or she has ever been on the NBME, and if so, I will make sure he is in as much pain as possible and I will wipe my ass with my hand and stick it into his incisions. Why? Because the NMBE thinks I'm not a nice doctor, so I guess I'll just live up to that.

3) The NBME made up a test that eliminates any smart people from finishing medical school and, what's worse, embarrasses the specialty of medicine. I have not always been a super social person, but I am very nice and pretty smart. I wouldn't say I'm quirky at all, but either way, this exam must be testing all the wrong things. I have also accomplished a lot of significant research, but that doesn't matter. This is why the NBME has just embarrassed the entire specialty of medicine-- it no longer makes any difference how much you have contributed to science or medicine, or how talented or brilliant you are, or what you have overcome in your life. An MD just means you can talk to people about their sex life (good for psychiatrists and family medicine).

4) This test was made up by a bunch of old fart doctors who never had to go through nearly this much to become doctors. Back in their day, they didn't have nearly the competition that exists today. They didn't have to do research to get into med school or competitive residencies, and they didn't have to even study for step I, much less dedicate months of grueling study to it. Apparently they got tired of molesting little kids and decided to molest all of the US medical students instead. So for the new generation of med students, let's just remember this test is worthless and indicates nothing. Just as they have actors, this exam only tests the students ability to be an actor and find the random pieces of info that the SP's are looking for. Furthermore, it doesn't matter how good you are-- they have said they are going to fail 1 out of every 25 med students. Don't respect it for a second.

5) Since the NBME thinks it is essential that every MD have all these family medicine skills, why not make a step II for research skills, and another for surgical skills to be even more broad and balanced? You only can pass by cutting of the ****s of the NBME board members and shoving it down their throats. Since I suspect that the step II CS exam is largely the result of women being on the NBME board, "****" can refer to more than one thing.

So… do you think there are any countries that would be willing to accept an AOA, excellent scientific researcher, and budding US doctor who is not compassionate enough? I think so. The US can take all these crappy foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. Maybe the public thinks it is "good" that doctors are learning bedside manners, but when people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do.

advertising isnt allowed here on SDN, but blatant racism is? That is just a disgusting comment.

"The US can take all these crappy foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. When people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do."

With that horrible attitude, it would be a blessing if you never got licensed in the US to practice medicine in the first place.

"I had heard horror stories (especially about white, good-looking boys like me), and I did everything possible to avoid failing."

this HAS to be a troll, nobody in their correct mind is crazy enough to actually post something absurd like this. It is insane.

I am a very humble person, and I am very nice and easy-going in actuality, and tried to be even more so in this exam. I have no idea how this is even possible. So I am forced to come to a couple conclusions.

you are moreso a completely inappropriate that has no business at all being in the medical profession in the first place, not as a nurse, or occupational therapist, NOTHING.

I took it in LA, and it was filled with black and Hispanic women (who weren't even very good at English!!),

your one post ever explains it all though, you are a TROLL

2) The NBME says that the purpose of this exam is to help us improve bed-side manners.

or screen crazy individuals like you completely out of the system

If I ever have a doctor for a patient, I will ask him if he or she has ever been on the NBME, and if so, I will make sure he is in as much pain as possible and I will wipe my ass with my hand and stick it into his incisions. Why? Because the NMBE thinks I'm not a nice doctor, so I guess I'll just live up to that.

completely crazy troll, you are not even probably done with high school.

The NBME made up a test that eliminates any smart people from finishing medical school and, what's worse, embarrasses the specialty of medicine

well you are held back, now how would that be at all a bad thing?

So for the new generation of med students, let's just remember this test is worthless and indicates nothing.

I actually used to teach for Kaplan and dedicated time to teaching the cs portion of the examination. This examination reflects upon whether or not you are competent enough to practice medicine in the US. Thanks for showing everyone that it is accurate.

wow dude,
i can understand your frustration, but those are pretty heavy comments. i hope others understand the need to vent at times like this without flaming you terribly.
my completely unsolicited advice:
just LET IT GO, retake it, and mark it up as a small slice of humility which, lets face it, we all need sometimes.
in the big scheme, its a thousand bucks and 8 hours of your life. dont make it more than it REALLY is.
after all, you are in the best profession in the world, about to gradute (i assume) and will probably get the residency of your choice based on your step one score. its a bump in the road.

Ok, I admit I am pissed off, and I apologize for being rude. Thanks for the advice to just let it go. That's the only reasonable thing I can do. But to the idiot "andwhat"-- these are not racist comments, but I am accusing the SP's of being racist. If the NBME wants to prove otherwise, let them release the comments on my performance. And it was a complete fact that their English was not very good, one of them had a very Spanish accent and the other a very black accent. I don't have anything against that, but I just think it's ironic since we are being graded on English as well. I think people like you are the ones who should be taken out of medicine (You-- "Oh, I'm so righteous and glorified, I used to teach for Kaplan, so how dare you say something mean or have emotions after working your ass out of a hell-hole to achieve something.")

Ok, I admit I am pissed off. Thanks for the advice to just let it go. That's the only reasonable thing I can do. But to the idiot "andwhat"-- these are not racist comments, but I am accusing the SP's of being racist. If the NBME wants to prove otherwise, let them release the comments on my performance. And it was a complete fact that their English was not very good, one of them had a very Spanish accent and the other a very black accent. I don't have anything against that, but I just think it's ironic since we are being graded on English as well. I think people like you are the ones who should be taken out of medicine (You-- "Oh, I'm so righteous and glorified, I used to teach for Kaplan, so how dare you say something mean or have emotions after working your ass out of a hell-hole to achieve something.")

I never knew "black," was a language.

Plus, lots of patients will have accents in real life, so maybe you should get used to how they pronounce words now.

Black is not a language (although they tried to create ebonics I guess), but it is an accent. Maybe you should meet a black person sometime instead of living in prep-ville at Princeton. Accents and slang and whatever are fine, but while being graded on my English is just ironic, that's all. I don't see what's so offensive about that.

Black is not a language (although they tried to create ebonics I guess), but it is an accent. Maybe you should meet a black person sometime instead of living in prep-ville at Princeton. Accents and slang and whatever are fine, but while being graded on my English is just ironic, that's all. I don't see what's so offensive about that.

That's pretty funny, considering you are the one that obviously lacks the ability to comprehend the accent. That would imply you have less experience living in a minority-filled area, not me. MD/PhD, huh?

I grew up in an area with over 60% minorities; so maybe I'm at an advantage for being able to understand people from black and hispanic families. Still, I doubt it. Unless you are the one who has lived with a silver spoon in your mouth your whole life atop a castle on the coast of Whitey McWhiteville, I find it hard to believe you can't understand black people.

I can't wait for The Force Unleashed to come out!!! I scheduled vacation time just so I could play the game.

Ok, I admit I am pissed off, and I apologize for being rude. Thanks for the advice to just let it go. That's the only reasonable thing I can do. But to the idiot "andwhat"-- these are not racist comments, but I am accusing the SP's of being racist. If the NBME wants to prove otherwise, let them release the comments on my performance. And it was a complete fact that their English was not very good, one of them had a very Spanish accent and the other a very black accent. I don't have anything against that, but I just think it's ironic since we are being graded on English as well. I think people like you are the ones who should be taken out of medicine (You-- "Oh, I'm so righteous and glorified, I used to teach for Kaplan, so how dare you say something mean or have emotions after working your ass out of a hell-hole to achieve something.")

very black accent
So now black is an accent?

I seriously thought that this was some high school kid, but this is actually somebody who somehow got admitted into medical school, and is allowed to take the step 2 cs?
I am waiting for the sdn moderators to hopefully intervene in this terrible slew of racist insults.
Again let me reiterate,
this is the
student DOCTOR network, yes DOCTOR.
Your not being rude, no need to apologize to me. You are just inappropriate -- plain and simple.
You cannot pronounce English properly, or you are just plain not presentable -- in other words you do not smell all that great possibly. I wouldnt want a doctor with minimal language skills and body odor around me either. I will have to agree with NBME in their assessment of you Rugbyman.
You have to act like you know how to present yourself as a physician, before you can actually become one. That rule also applies to you.
You lack any sort of professionalism in your language here.

these are not racist comments

The US can take all these crappy foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. Maybe the public thinks it is "good" that doctors are "learning bedside manners," but when people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do.

you contradict yourself mr. Rugby man. Try again.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alright children, everyone just chill. Rugbynerd obviously is pissed and took a cheap shot at the NBME. And that makes it really easy to take cheapshots right back about how you're so much better, and how he's racist, blah, blah. It is a frustrating and random exam, everyone knows that. Just roll with the punches. I passed, but I know I made mistakes too. And no matter how much you study and can perform perfect physical exams and come up with awesome diagnoses, there were a lot of cases where the SP just seemed weird and did not react like a normal person... and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep pressing for some underlying depression they were having, or if I was suppose to resolve some concern, or if I was supposed to do a heart, thyroid, lung, and abd exam for their complaints of fatigue, or if there was something in the history they weren't letting me know at first... and so I tried to do all of these things in the short 15 min, and it left no time to finish any of them (especially if you are pursuing one and then realize it's a dead end). I just have no idea what they happened to be looking for, and I think that kind of exam is ridiculous.

put yourself in the guys shoes, andwhat... i bet you would be frustrated too.
honestly, i find your use of "Jesus" in your post as slang just as offensive as you seem to find him saying "black accent"..
but so what if it offends me? nothing was meant by it right? its just a figure of speech to you, vernacular..
and to many a "black accent" is just that, his own vernacular describing someones accent. i dont think the op meant anything by it, just the fact that the guy had an accent..
i have a somewhat "country accent" because i am from sticksville and grew up on a farm.. i dont take offense, its just my accent..
and many black people from downtown l.a. might have a "black accent' or whatever you call it. who cares? its just an accent!
all the guy meant was it was ironic that people that didnt seem to use proper english or whatever you want to call it were failing him in that exact area.
i am not taking sides, but lets keep it fair.
did you never fail at anything you worked hard for? its a terrible feeling..
all i am saying is cut the guy some slack.

put yourself in the guys shoes, andwhat... i bet you would be frustrated too.
honestly, i find your use of "Jesus" in your post as slang just as offensive as you seem to find him saying "black accent"..
but so what if it offends me? nothing was meant by it right? its just a figure of speech to you, vernacular..
and to many a "black accent" is just that, his own vernacular describing someones accent. i dont think the op meant anything by it, just the fact that the guy had an accent..
i have a somewhat "country accent" because i am from sticksville and grew up on a farm.. i dont take offense, its just my accent..
and many black people from downtown l.a. might have a "black accent' or whatever you call it. who cares? its just an accent!
all the guy meant was it was ironic that people that didnt seem to use proper english or whatever you want to call it were failing him in that exact area.
i am not taking sides, but lets keep it fair.
did you never fail at anything you worked hard for? its a terrible feeling..
all i am saying is cut the guy some slack.

The US can take all these crappy foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. Maybe the public thinks it is "good" that doctors are "learning bedside manners," but when people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do.

cut the guy some slack after saying some stuff like this?
Yeah ok, apparently the moderators must agree with this sort of behavior and language. It is ok to state racist remarks, but its not ok to say anything about it. That is unreal and uncalled for, but I am not the judge, it is the moderators and users of SDN.
Well you know what? Even though I am a US grad, I at one time attended an international school also. I do have connections with USMLE World, and help from time to time for a little extra loot. Its funny, because YOU RUGBY BOY, will be paying FOREIGN GRADS FROM INDIA in order to pass your step 2 ck and step 3.
Oh and by the way, the best prep for step 2 cs, it comes from USMLE World, which is run by foreign grads from India. Nice huh? Maybe we can teach you a thing or three.

Racism is clearly allowed here, however speaking up against it most definitely is not, so I will leave this thread.
For the record, no I have never failed anything of this magnitude -- and if I did, then I wouldnt blame the system, NBME, and graders of my test. I would suck it up, move on and learn from my mistakes.
I have however failed to understand how the moderators of SDN allow blatant racist remarks to stay on a forum, however it is outlawed to say anything against it. So yes you are correct, I definitely have failed to make the connection there.

I am accusing the SP's of being racist

So it is the system right? Wrong. Get over it and move on with your life, instead of blaming each and every single person besides yourself.

Dude, the guy says that foreign grads must have shown more compassion than him, so I hardly see how that's racist. Unless you think saying "crappy foreign grad" is racist. It may be rude, but I hardly see how it's racist. Why are you so intent to make this a racist issue? Same for you rugbynerd-- i think you probably failed for some random reasons which no one will ever know, but likely not for racism.

You never failed at anything andwhat? Soooo that's why you're in family medicine? You must have been the guy that pulled down the curve for all those "failures" who rocked step I. Thanks bro. You may have been at the bottom of the pack all your life, but you never failed, so keep on ripping everyone else down, real mature. I'm glad you're not my PCP.

And I highly doubt you will leave this thread as you state.

I just have no idea what they happened to be looking for, and I think that kind of exam is ridiculous.

i passed as well, and truly, i had no idea what they were looking for either.
i just tried to be polite and empathetic, and genuine. and respectful..and hurry as quick as i could w/o seeming rushed!
for the record, i am a "typical white guy" whatever that means who came to medicine as a second career after 10 good years owning a construction company.. i had an brachial plexus injury and was so impressed by the surgeon that fixed me that i had to go for it.
i WISH i were a US grad good grief, but at the end of the day, we are all the same. repeat, we are all the same.
that may ruffle some feathers, but its true. ask yourself..
did you get a better education than i did from a US school? yes, i am sure thats the case..
does this translate into higher board scores? yes... most often..
does this translate into "better" residency positions? yes.. again usually..
however.. does where you went to residency mean anything to 99% of your patients? do they even know what residency is?
the bottom line, for me and for anyone i think that truly is being honest with themselves..
we all took the same steps to get here.. we all went to med school, we took the same usmles, we all go to residency..
and then.. guess what? when its done its done.. the sign in front of your office says dr so and so MD just like mine, all that matters then is how you treat your patients.. at THAT point you can throw grades out the window... where you went to school..board scores. its all out.
because at THAT point, do you care about your credentials, or do you care about your patients?
if you are a caring, empathetic, repectful, skilled doctor, then 99% of the time, you will have more patients than you can handle. and thats what cs to me is trying to determine. not how smart you are, but.. do you know how to treat someone as a human being? (on a side note, those who treat their patients well, have many more patients, thus tend to make more $$, which oddly is the ultimate barometer for most in terms if ultimate success, NOT the degree hanging on your wall)
how many of you look down your nose at the guys on the next rung down.. american grads looking down on fmg's. fmg's looking down on img's, img's looking down on do's (this is not my personal hierachy, just a general theme)..
an ivy league grad can care as much about his patient as a carribean grad..
an indian doc can care as much about his patient as an american doc.
it doesnt matter how you get there, just THAT you get there do your best with what God (or Allah or Buddah or...) gave you. be thankful. all of you, that you get the honor to practice medicine.
everyone should be so lucky.

one more thing..
people can fail a test for any number of reasons..
some people get flustered..
some lose focus
some dont prepare..
sometimes there is miscommunication or true clerical error..
but my all time favorite for cs, are the cocky guys that walk in with an attitude of superiority because they are the big DOCTOR and the patient is just a silly actor, so far beneath them... those guys deserve to fail imho.
future cs takers take note..
those actors, the ones that are so far beneath some of you? they are GRADING YOU!
so be polite, be respectful, fake empathy even if you dont have it!
this is what you are being tested on. is it fair? maybe, maybe not...
i am just glad to be past it.
good luck to all.

Dude, the guy says that foreign grads must have shown more compassion than him, so I hardly see how that's racist. Unless you think saying "crappy foreign grad" is racist. It may be rude, but I hardly see how it's racist. Why are you so intent to make this a racist issue? Same for you rugbynerd-- i think you probably failed for some random reasons which no one will ever know, but likely not for racism.

You never failed at anything andwhat? Soooo that's why you're in family medicine? You must have been the guy that pulled down the curve for all those "failures" who rocked step I. Thanks bro. You may have been at the bottom of the pack all your life, but you never failed, so keep on ripping everyone else down, real mature. I'm glad you're not my PCP.

And I highly doubt you will leave this thread as you state.

my scores? 230s, with the exception of step 3 which I took during residency -- granted I STILL managed a good score on step 3 also. The fact that I am an international grad? Nope. I am a US grad. No I can say that I havent failed at anything, other than to see why this stuff is allowed to be posted. As for pulling the curve down? Thats why I am now in the specialty of my choice, could have easily bailed out of my current situation, but I fulfilled my obligatory commitment. Ok so now its a mudslinging contest? Thats not my style. Bottom of the pack? No actually I can send you my FM in service examination, upper 75th percentile. Board scores also.
I can start working and pocket $200 K a year, but chose to pursue the career of my choice.
So let me get this straight, just because your a Family Medicine resident means that you have low board scores?! That is the most absurd thing that I have ever heard. What the hell kind of concept is that???? Granted I was not at all in the top whatever percentile of my medical school (couldnt care less mostly kiss as+ people), albeit do have great LORs and board scores......
are you serious???

HOLD ON WAIT WAIT WAIT

Today, 07:10 PM #82
Superbad

Superbad is Rugbynerd, the only person crazy enough to post that stuff above, is Rugbynerd himself. Yes you are exposed, somebody that has registered as a new user only to post in this thread, GEE WHAT A COINCIDENCE -- get a life dude.
So your too busy registering as a new user with multiple different user names to defend yourself. Truly sad.
Somebody that cannot even clear step 2 cs, insulting a specialty Family Medicine??? pretty pathetic.
You have very very twisted and convoluted ideas. Perhaps that is why you cannot focus and pass. I do not know why, but you are one amazing individual, you have racist ideas, and you think that family medicine is full of people that didnt fulfill some curve??? wow ur one amazing individual.
I think that you have so much anger built up inside of you, that you cannot focus on tasks at hand. You are frustrated with the world, and you cannot do anything about it. Truth is, you will not be able to start rotations without passing your cs in some medical schools, so better get studying Superbad aka Rugbynerd. What names are next buddy?
For note, I am not ripping anybody "down" I agree with all of the rest of the intelligent and respectful posts. Somebody that dogs family medicine, and International grads, and doctors from India, is a troll. Let us remember this guy has a grand total of 3 to 4 posts, and all here on this thread, and changing his name rapidly to agree with himself.
Truth is, I know people with low board scores AND attempts, in Radiology and Anesthesiology, as well as General Surgery -- agree this is not the norm, and majority of individuals in my residency program happen to have excellent board scores. So what exactly does this prove? Absolutely nothing.
This thread proves that Superbad is Rugbynerd, and possibly more multiple personalities. Actually same personality, different names.

So let me get this straight, just because your a Family Medicine resident means that you have low board scores?! QUOTE]

i dont mean this sarcastically, but yes, it usually does mean just that.
there are exceptions of course, to anything. and with a 230, you are WAY high for a fm step one.
its sort of like saying, just because i have a dog, doesnt mean i buy dog food..
well, again there are exceptions, but most dog owners buy dog food, and most family residents have lower scores than their peers in other specialties.
check the match stats for 07 for avg scores among specialties.
family was the lowest. kind of stinks, as it is also my specialty.
i am guessing its less attractive because of lower avg $$, but there are always exceptions. maybe you will add ob, or derm, or whatver. its a free country, so go for it :)
all the best.

So let me get this straight, just because your a Family Medicine resident means that you have low board scores?! QUOTE]

i dont mean this sarcastically, but yes, it usually does mean just that.
there are exceptions of course, to anything. and with a 230, you are WAY high for a fm step one.
its sort of like saying, just because i have a dog, doesnt mean i buy dog food..
well, again there are exceptions, but most dog owners buy dog food, and most family residents have lower scores than their peers in other specialties.
check the match stats for 07 for avg scores among specialties.
family was the lowest. kind of stinks, as it is also my specialty.
i am guessing its less attractive because of lower avg $$, but there are always exceptions. maybe you will add ob, or derm, or whatver. its a free country, so go for it :)
all the best.

yeah that is true actually, havent considered that in a while...... I am not the only one above 230 in my program on step I definitely, albeit I do not know how to formulate D.O. results -- D.O.s are higher than average also in my program.
Those going for the match, apply early and apply broadly. Apply to both community and university programs. I was arrogant, disorganized, and messed up during match season, albeit definitely happy with my result. God willing worked out. By all means not saying that I am perfect, far from it in my opinion. Luck has been on my side for sure.

Dude, I'm not rugbynerd. I just registered to comment 'cause I felt like saying something. Sheesh. You just say arrogant things and then group everyone who disagrees with you together. Just chill bro.

I’m not ripping on doctors from India-- I’m sure they’re just as competent as anyone. I apologize for saying "crappy foreign grads"-- I was just throwing in angry words, and did not mean to say foreign grads are in any way inferior. I know two excellent foreign grads myself. They just come from a different culture and language, and I was mad that they all can pass this test on "English and American mannerisms," and yet I did not. It would be the same if I came down to India and passed a test on Indian language and mannerisms, and yet someone who grew up in India did not… naturally it would be frustrating, and if someone from India were mad about not passing an exam in their own culture and language, I would understand. Thanks superbad and jdig for defending me, but I know that what I said was out of frustration and probably offended some people. I know I probably failed not due to racism, but there’s really no way to know. I just thought it’d raise some controversy to bring that up. Like you say jdig, we are all the same in the end. I was only trying to rip on the NBME, and accidentally brought in a can of worms I guess, and I apologize. (But I still think this exam is stupid.)

I’m not ripping on doctors from India-- I’m sure they’re just as competent as anyone. I apologize for saying "crappy foreign grads"-- I was just throwing in angry words, and did not mean to say foreign grads are in any way inferior. I know two excellent foreign grads myself. They just come from a different culture and language, and I was mad that they all can pass this test on "English and American mannerisms," and yet I did not. It would be the same if I came down to India and passed a test on Indian language and mannerisms, and yet someone who grew up in India did not… naturally it would be frustrating, and if someone from India were mad about not passing an exam in their own culture and language, I would understand. Thanks superbad and jdig for defending me, but I know that what I said was out of frustration and probably offended some people. I know I probably failed not due to racism, but there’s really no way to know. I just thought it’d raise some controversy to bring that up. Like you say jdig, we are all the same in the end. I was only trying to rip on the NBME, and accidentally brought in a can of worms I guess, and I apologize. (But I still think this exam is stupid.)

Much more lucid, respectful, and cogent. In which case best of luck, man, I hope this thing gets sorted out for you ASAP.

I actually took the PIPE years back, and didnt do well at all on it. It was a mock practice test, just before the actual CS was implemented. I was so panicked that I took a course, and that helped to an extent, but USMLE World had all of the weird cases in there. Its not a tough test, its just you have to know what to do and how to study. All or most of the cases that you will get are in First Aid, but it doesnt cover nearly the depth that you have to go into.
For instance the childhood visits. When I took my test, a lady walked out of the room, and asked "so wheres the kid?" I knew that her test didnt go well.
There is no actual kid on the test. Its a weird test, that is a bit unfair honestly, because theres no information out there provided by NBME that will help you necessarily. Thats where the commercial review courses get rich quick. Also the other agonizing thing was the telephone visit, I was so freaked out by that during the PIPE examination, that I almost just walked out because I had no clue what to do. Its an examination of nerves at times.
USMLE World was ok, but a bit disorganized, Kaplan is more organized, but not nearly comprehensive enough, as they are with step I. Actually Step 3 Kaplan is straight up horrible, as they teach incorrect things.
Would go personally with all of the USMLE World cases, you can print out the majority of them, you need to finetune some of them though because they are not organized well enough.
Kaplan course is ok, I mean they grill you during the extended course, its expensive but almost worth it. You get to practice on the dummies, and they give you feedback right away. Its pretty decent in my opinion. I went in blank, but there were people that had practiced for weeks. Its not a bad course, way too expensive.

Dude, I initially felt bad for you and was cutting you a little bit of slack on your previously unacceptable comments (chalking it up to trauma of failing CS)...but black accent?!? Come on man! That is the most ignorant statement on this board right now! It sucks that you failed, but you probably exuded the exact attitudes that you are displaying here...and patients can definitely pick up on that. It's great that you are an excellent student, but your prejudices are poisoning your bedside manner. There's no such thing as a black accent and I have met a black person, quite a few to be exact. Many people in America black, white, hispanic, whatever, are not as fortunate as you or me to be blessed with an extensive or quality education, but that makes them no less a person and they deserve to be treated with the respect that you would want. Regardless of the way your patients spoke, the raters were probably a little turned off by your upturned nose.

I am a US med student, over 230 on step I, AOA, and I just failed step II CS. I studied hard for a week for this test, reading all of first aid, and practicing on my wife, plus our school had us practice with some standardized patients, which I got in the 90th percentile on. So this F makes absolutely no sense. I had heard horror stories (especially about white, good-looking boys like me), and I did everything possible to avoid failing. The possible things I did wrong: I forgot to re-tie one of the patients gowns, one SP seemed annoyed at me when I asked her if she used drugs (she was black), I ran out of time once and had to end before giving a full explanation of the diagnostic steps, and one of the SP’s coughed and I forgot to get her water (a- it wasn’t a bad cough, b-I did remember to turn lights off for someone with headache and never repeated painful maneuvers). My clinical notes and knowledge were excellent. I am a very humble person, and I am very nice and easy-going in actuality, and tried to be even more so in this exam. I have no idea how this is even possible. So I am forced to come to a couple conclusions.

1) This test was totally unfair—I took it in LA, and it was filled with black and Hispanic women (two who weren’t even very good at English!!), and one elderly white lady. It was interesting too that I was one of only three or four US med students, and the rest were actually full doctors, mainly from Korea and India. Anyway, the SP’s could have any vendetta they want against me for being a white kid, no matter how perfect I performed (and competing against actual doctors). The NBME hides this by not releasing any sort of evaluation that would help you improve. And just for the information of my stupid graders, I am not a rich white boy—I grew up in the ghetto and ate old bread out of the dumpster of the neighborhood bakery for two years. I came out of hell just as much as any black person in the ghetto. I gave my life to study and service, and this is how I am rewarded, by being told that after excelling in all my training thus far, I’m not good enough to be an MD. If I weren’t in so much debt I would quit med school right now, just because I don’t want to be a part of the kind of people who are running this show. I wish I could expose what a screwed up little prep club it is, having nothing to do with skill, smarts, or compassion.

2) The NBME says that the purpose of this exam is to help us improve bed-side manners. Then why are we supposed to rush in and rush out without even doing a thorough H&P, or talking about all the patient’s concerns, or figuring out if we’re missing anything? This exam taught me that I am not curt enough with my patients and I took too long finding out about their problems. Therefore, as soon as I pass this exam for real, I will make sure to take no longer than 15 minutes with each patient. If I ever have a doctor for a patient, I will ask him if he or she has ever been on the NBME, and if so, I will make sure he is in as much pain as possible. Why? Because the NMBE thinks I’m not a nice doctor, so I guess I’ll just live up to that.

3) The NBME made up a test that eliminates any smart people from finishing medical school and, what’s worse, embarrasses the specialty of medicine. I have not always been a super social person, but I am very nice and pretty smart. I wouldn’t say I’m quirky at all, but either way, this exam must be testing all the wrong things. I have also accomplished a lot of significant research, but that doesn’t matter. This is why the NBME has just embarrassed the entire specialty of medicine-- it no longer makes any difference how much you have contributed to science or medicine, or how talented or brilliant you are, or what you have overcome in your life. An MD just means you can talk to people about their sex life (good for psychiatrists and family medicine).

4) This test was made up by a bunch of old fart doctors who never had to go through nearly this much to become doctors. Back in their day, they didn’t have nearly the competition that exists today. They didn’t have to do research to get into med school or competitive residencies, and they didn’t have to even study for step I, much less dedicate months of grueling study to it. Apparently they got tired of molesting little kids and decided to molest all of the US medical students instead. So for the new generation of med students, let's just remember this test is worthless and indicates nothing. Just as they have actors, this exam only tests the students ability to be an actor and find the random pieces of info that the SP's are looking for. Furthermore, it doesn't matter how good you are-- they have said they are going to fail 1 out of every 25 US med students (4%). Don't respect it for a second.

5) Since the NBME thinks it is essential that every MD have all these family medicine skills, why not make a step II for research skills, and another for surgical skills to be even more broad and balanced? (Sarcasm)

So… do you think there are any countries that would be willing to accept an AOA, excellent scientific researcher, and budding US doctor who is not compassionate enough? I think so. The US can take all these foreign graduates who are apparently more compassionate than me. Maybe the public thinks it is "good" that doctors are "learning bedside manners," but when people realize that the only doctors available are from India and no one from their own culture, I think the NBME will have some explaining to do.

I'm not surprised IN THE LEAST that you failed this exam.

Patients ARE gonna "seem annoyed" that you ask them if they take drugs. If you can't handle that (or maybe you just can't handle black or hispanic patients) then you DO NEED to choose another profession.

Dude, I initially felt bad for you and was cutting you a little bit of slack on your previously unacceptable comments (chalking it up to trauma of failing CS)...but black accent?!? Come on man! That is the most ignorant statement on this board right now! It sucks that you failed, but you probably exuded the exact attitudes that you are displaying here...and patients can definitely pick up on that. It's great that you are an excellent student, but your prejudices are poisoning your bedside manner. There's no such thing as a black accent and I have met a black person, quite a few to be exact. Many people in America black, white, hispanic, whatever, are not as fortunate as you or me to be blessed with an extensive or quality education, but that makes them no less a person and they deserve to be treated with the respect that you would want. Regardless of the way your patients spoke, the raters were probably a little turned off by your upturned nose.

LOL, you are cracking me up with your desperate attempts to be politically correct. Thanks for a good laugh in this stressful time. I'm not sure where you came up with the idea, however, that I look down on others because of my education. I guess it helps you be more pissed off though, so just make up whatever ideas you want. Anyway... I hang with all my black bros all the time (I played football and rugby in college, and I have tons of black friends), so I don't think you need to be lecturing me. Any black person will not only admit if they have an accent, but also make fun of it... but apparently it's immoral and racist for a white person to point that out.

LOL, you are cracking me up with your desperate attempts to be politically correct. Thanks for a good laugh in this stressful time. I'm not sure where you came up with the idea, however, that I look down on others because of my education. I guess it helps you be more pissed off though, so just make up whatever ideas you want. Anyway... I hang with all my black bros all the time (I played football and rugby in college, and I have tons of black friends), so I don't think you need to be lecturing me. Any black person will not only admit if they have an accent, but also make fun of it... but apparently it's immoral and racist for a white person to point that out.

Ooops I'm sorry...you have black friends...why didn't you say so in the first place? That makes it all ok then...:laugh:

Even if many refuse to see it or appreciate it--Good comment...
I find that a "sheltered or semisheltered middle class life or better" is a COMPLETELY different world from "charming", real life, real time, proper Oslerian bedside manner!

Even if many refuse to see it or appreciate it--Good comment...
I find that a "sheltered or semisheltered middle class life or better" is a COMPLETELY different world from "charming", real life, real time, proper Oslerian bedside manner!

how about "lowlife" bedside manner :laugh:

Any black person will not only admit if they have an accent

so an African American individual, will clearly point out that he or she has a "black" accent? ha ha ha ha ....

Ugh, seeing how some people react after failing gives a lot of insight into why they didn't do so well. Seriously, I think these things aren't as much isolated rants as you think - they're more like little glimpses into your personality.

I just feel sorry for some people. It seems that some people who fail just get angry and blame the test instead of assuming that they might actually have a weakness and trying to figure out how to fix it. It's more probable that you have an area of weakness then it is that these "black and hispanic" actors at the testing center are racist and failing more white students then the rest of the country. Assuming that's the case right from the start because of only your anecdotal evidence is racist. I wish you could see that.

Ugh, seeing how some people react after failing gives a lot of insight into why they didn't do so well. Seriously, I think these things aren't as much isolated rants as you think - they're more like little glimpses into your personality.

I just feel sorry for some people. It seems that some people who fail just get angry and blame the test instead of assuming that they might actually have a weakness and trying to figure out how to fix it. It's more probable that you have an area of weakness then it is that these "black and hispanic" actors at the testing center are racist and failing more white students then the rest of the country. Assuming that's the case right from the start because of only your anecdotal evidence is racist. I wish you could see that.

Assuming that's the case right from the start because of only your anecdotal evidence is racist. I wish you could see that.

rugbynerd aka superbad will never ever learn that. Gets the award -- :hardy:

My only hope is that someday I can be as exalted as you all are. Maybe by congratulating myself, and patting each other on the back, and telling anyone who dissents or fails how bad they are... maybe then I will be as glorified as Sage880... AKA andwhat... AKA mjl1717.

And my point is not so much that people were biased against me for being white... my point is that clearly I didn't "jive" with the actors, but I have no idea how... so maybe the NBME could release some data to help me improve. I think it is lame that this test is supposed to help us learn bedside manners, and yet we get absolutely no feedback, except, essentially, that "you suck." I'm more than willing to learn. If I had an arrogant attitude (which I really don't think I did... I really am a nice guy and got honors in almost all my rotations with tons of notes saying how I had excellent interaction with patients and families), then tell me, and I'll change it. If I wasn't compassionate enough, then tell me. If I didn't explain things well enough, then tell me. But how can I improve if I don't even know what I did wrong????

my point is that clearly I didn't "jive" with the actors,

maybe you just dont jive with being a doctor in the first place. Every time that you defend yourself, you look worse and worse.
Stop blaming everyone in the world except yourself. Lets look into your mistakes

SPs (standardized patients) are not cared about
SPs are mocked

SPs are stereotyped by you, and that truly shows your lack of compassion.
SPs needs are not acknowledged
and not taken seriously

all of the above, including your medical knowledge probably, is what probably set you up for failure Mr. Superbad Rugbynerd. You basically do not care at all about others, and model yourself far above anybody else. You make fun of people from India, FMGs, African Americans. You truly have no compassion whatsoever.