AOBEM Oral Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.TurkandJD

One Dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been an attending for 1 year now, luckily did my Written as a 4th year resident...time for Orals. Ive been working 15-18 shifts every month for the last year, and I feel like I got significantly dumber. I did a practice case and felt like I crashed and burned because its not real world medicine. I feel like w/o consultants, UTD and WikEM I am dumber and have major imposter syndrome... haven't studied or done anything besides work for 1 year, this is the last test... any advice? study tips? words of encouragement? No idea how to tackle this, given that I bet now I would bomb rosh review and written test since I am so far removed from academia.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
AAEM review course. Worth every penny. Okuda book. Make sure the review course is near your exam date so it’s all fresh. It’s an easy test, just gotta remember that it’s not about the diagnosis or really even about correct disposition all the time. It’s about hitting all those check boxes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Practice with a friend who is taking it at or around the same time so you both have similar motivation to study. Do all strictly timed cases and give each other feedback. Memorize acls pals drugs. AAEM course is helpful for simulated practice

Reactions: 1 user
anything else to memorize besides ACLS/Pals?

Anyone want to practice on zoom over the next few weeks? My exam is Nov 8