AP Bio or Honors Physiology?

briannasebastian

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have two choices of classes for senior year: AP Bio or Honors Physiology. I don't really want to take biology again (I'm taking advanced biology this year as a sophomore) but I have a feeling AP Bio would look better on a college app if I want to be a doctor than honors physio. Which class looks better? (btw I do actually have an interest in bio but is a hard subject)

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't matter. I know this is one of the more important decisions you can make right now but let me ease your concern by telling you it doesn't matter. Just take the one you can do well in. If you are interested in bio take bio. Your undergrad institution doesn't really care that you want to be a doctor and no med school looks at your high school grades. Take AP for GPA boost if your school does that. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter.

Hey, I'm a junior in high school who's currently taking AP Bio.
AP Bio is packed with content that you probably haven't been exposed to since freshman year. It also includes some basic concepts pertaining to Chemistry, such as thermodynamics or chemical equations. If you have a strong ambition to study and make a 4-5 on the AP exam, take Bio! If not, don't sweat. A high school course is only that in the long path to medical school.