AP credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiles90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I have done some searching and I can't find any recent info on whether or not some dental schools will take AP Psychology or Statistics to fulfill their prerequisites. I know that for some schools bio and gen chem are pretty much neccessary to be taken at a four year institution, but I figure the two APs I took aren't as big of a deal. I am prepared to call every single dental school come monday, but I would appreciate it if someone already knows if I should bother retaking those 100 level classes my senior year instead of interesting upper level science classes. Please, anyone give me your feedback! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my rule of thumb. If you are planning on taking Psychology AP as credit, then you can show them that you can do psychology in college with more courses or upper divisions. This goes same for chemistry and biology. As for statistics, you can't really take an additional statistics class that are upper division or not. In my case, I claimed my statistics AP course and took a statistics course which was considered easy. I did both because some schools may not accept all types of statistics courses.