AP credits at SUNY upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so the secondary says:

We do not allow substitutions for any of our prerequisite courses If you have AP credit for any of our prerequisites, they MUST be recorded in detail on your college transcript or we will NOT accept them. Please keep in mind that if you are using AP courses to fulfill our prerequisites, you should complete additional science coursework at your college or university.

i think i ask this a lot, but i never quite understand. So many of my classes (gen chem, calc, one semester physics) are UConn (my undergrad) co-op credits...meaning i took the "higher-level" class at my highschool, and got credit for it at UConn. It shows up on my transcript, along w/ the grade that counts to my GPA. However, it is still from high school like any AP class, and the transcript does say it is from high school.

With that said, I'm thinking of dropping this application; however, I was placed on hold last year....maybe i should fill it out anyway???? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Also,

Do we have to send an official transcript to them? They have it listed in the items to receive section. Why are they being so weird?

suny upstate accepted me this year and i had used AP credits to place out of general chemistry classes. i didn't take any additional chemistry courses in college (aside from organic). so, i think you should go ahead and fill it out. suny upstate also has admissions consultants who can advise you. so, i'd go ahead and give them a call. best of luck.

medstylee said:
suny upstate accepted me this year and i had used AP credits to place out of general chemistry classes. i didn't take any additional chemistry courses in college (aside from organic). so, i think you should go ahead and fill it out. suny upstate also has admissions consultants who can advise you. so, i'd go ahead and give them a call. best of luck.

i'm glad you said that because it's already in the mail :D

i will contact them anyway, that's a good idea. and i'll see what this transcript business is all about.

thanks!