AP Credits designated as Postbac on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Captain Sisko

U.S.S. Defiant
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone ever designate AP credits as postbac on their AMCAS?

I got some credits for my APs from my UG, but I got MORE credits at my PB 10 years later. So I want to put them down as PB credits. The instruction manual is not clear on this- it says they should be entered in under the term in which credit was initially granted, but it also says credit can be designated as from a school that offers more credit (you can't be at two schools at the same time, right?) so it would seem to contradict.

If anyone did this and got verified I'd like to know, just so mine doesn't get kicked back.

thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh I see, your PB school accepted more of your high school AP units as transfer/prereq credit than your original undergrad school accepted.

Those grades aren't included in GPA calcs, so it's just an interesting phenomenon that they count as postbac. I doubt there will be trouble for this, and I doubt you'll be the first.

Best of luck to you.
 
Oh I see, your PB school accepted more of your high school AP units as transfer/prereq credit than your original undergrad school accepted.

Those grades aren't included in GPA calcs, so it's just an interesting phenomenon that they count as postbac. I doubt there will be trouble for this, and I doubt you'll be the first.

Best of luck to you.

thanks DML!
 
hey, just wanted to post a definitive response in case someone searched for it.


i ended up putting the ap as postbac and it was verified just fine, no problems or revisions.

thanks again, midlife.