AP credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miravyn

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Can someone please help me with this part?

I'm still not sure how to fill out this part for the application. Do we list the AP credits in one session even thought those exams were taken at different point. And what type of term do I put?

I took some college courses in HS and they are on my transcripts. Do I put the course names exactly how they appear on my university transcript or how the names appear on the transcript from each individual college? You know what I mean? Some courses taken at a community college transferred over and came on my university transcript in a different name.

Members don't see this ad.
 
i put all my AP credits under session 1 along with my 1st semester freshman year classes. Is this correct? can anyone else confirm this?

As for classes taken at other colleges, i listed the names as they are at the other college, along with the grade. This is because on the home university transcript, the grade is listed as pass, which is not acceptable for a pre-req class.

hope this helps...
 
miravyn said:
Can someone please help me with this part?

I'm still not sure how to fill out this part for the application. Do we list the AP credits in one session even thought those exams were taken at different point. And what type of term do I put?

I took some college courses in HS and they are on my transcripts. Do I put the course names exactly how they appear on my university transcript or how the names appear on the transcript from each individual college? You know what I mean? Some courses taken at a community college transferred over and came on my university transcript in a different name.
the rep at aadsas told me to list the AP class in the semester that it first showed up on your official transcript. for me, it was 2nd sem freshman yr. for you, it might be some other time. it varies.

for type of term, just list the type that ur school is on.(it's been a while since i filled out my aadsas, so let me know if i'm not making sense.)
 
Members don't see this ad :)
if the process gets too confusing, don't hesitate to call them. you'll prolly keep getting a busy signal but don't lose faith. 5,6 calls should do it!
 
Halitosis said:
if the process gets too confusing, don't hesitate to call them. you'll prolly keep getting a busy signal but don't lose faith. 5,6 calls should do it!

and when you finally get through - start a thread that explains what we have to do - YOUR NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO TOOK AP'S! :mad:

(don't be so selfish) :mad:

thanks! :)
 
Also what did you guys put as the grade you received for the class? I just put CR or credit. Is that correct? I knew I should have called AADSAS before I submitted my app.
 
cowsgomoo said:
Also what did you guys put as the grade you received for the class? I just put CR or credit. Is that correct? I knew I should have called AADSAS before I submitted my app.

The customer service person I talked to on the phone from AADSAS said to put the grade that I received in the high school class. Sounds a little weird to me...but either way the grade won't be calculated into your GPA so maybe it doesn't matter? Anyway, the overall impression that I get from the couple times that I've called customer service is that the AADSAS people are *****s :) If anyone calls, please post and let us know what you find out.
 
jaerob said:
The customer service person I talked to on the phone from AADSAS said to put the grade that I received in the high school class. Sounds a little weird to me...but either way the grade won't be calculated into your GPA so maybe it doesn't matter? Anyway, the overall impression that I get from the couple times that I've called customer service is that the AADSAS people are *****s :) If anyone calls, please post and let us know what you find out.

I have a hard time calling AADSAS because they go by eastern time and I live on the west coast. By the time I get out of class at around 3 or 5PM, their office is freaking closed already. Quite annoying. I have resorted to emailing them, but they have managed to never answer my questions directly. I feel like there are already answers prepared and they just pick an answer that closely resembles your question, even if it doesn't answer it directly. Freaking annoying.

As for the AP credits appearing on my transcript, they don't appear under any quarter. They are listed before all of my other university grades since I came in w/ those credits. And the dates of when I took those exams are listed there too, so I don't know what session it falls under. Frustrated.
 
miravyn said:
I have a hard time calling AADSAS because they go by eastern time and I live on the west coast. By the time I get out of class at around 3 or 5PM, their office is freaking closed already. Quite annoying. I have resorted to emailing them, but they have managed to never answer my questions directly. I feel like there are already answers prepared and they just pick an answer that closely resembles your question, even if it doesn't answer it directly. Freaking annoying.

As for the AP credits appearing on my transcript, they don't appear under any quarter. They are listed before all of my other university grades since I came in w/ those credits. And the dates of when I took those exams are listed there too, so I don't know what session it falls under. Frustrated.

I totally understand what you mean about the pre-prepared email answers. AADSAS sucks :rolleyes: And my AP credits are listed before all my university grades as well. I just posted all my AP credits under "interim" unstead of under fall or spring semester. I have no idea what exactly is the "correct" way to list AP's, and the AADSAS people definitely don't know, either :mad:
 
why do you list AP credits?? I had 52 but i never listed any. i honestly don't think dental schools care too much for AP. They are interested in your undergraduate work, but not AP. but if you must list AP credit, list them by the course for which the university gave you credit with a pass, and list them all in the first quarter/semester that you attend the school.
 
from reading all of your posts, i think the general idea is to list the credits with your first semester.... i'm assuming everyone is just as confused as the rest of us. not to mention that the aadsas people, along with the admissions committees reading these apps, know that the format changed this year, so everyone is going to interpret the instructions a little differently, so i wouldn't really worry too much about the right way to do it, personally. but just because i'm curious, how did some of you enter the titles and grades for the AP courses? did you enter the title of the course, or what it says on your transcript? and the prefix and course # part? ... ok so maybe i AM a little worried.... but who isn't, right? haha
 
gatszu said:
why do you list AP credits?? I had 52 but i never listed any. i honestly don't think dental schools care too much for AP. They are interested in your undergraduate work, but not AP. but if you must list AP credit, list them by the course for which the university gave you credit with a pass, and list them all in the first quarter/semester that you attend the school.

I have to list AP credits b/c some of the dental prereqs are covered by my AP credit. Other than that, I think we gotta list it b/c the application tells us to :)
 
jaerob said:
I have to list AP credits b/c some of the dental prereqs are covered by my AP credit. Other than that, I think we gotta list it b/c the application tells us to :)

What about transcripts?? Do we need to have the board of ED send to AADSAS a copy of our AP grades?? :confused:
 
EnigmaDDS said:
What about transcripts?? Do we need to have the board of ED send to AADSAS a copy of our AP grades?? :confused:

Well, my AP exam scores were listed on my college transcript. As long as the AP credits are listed on your transcript, you're good to go. There is no need to ask the Education Association (or whoever does the AP stuff) to send the AP info. Am I answering your question?
 
jaerob said:
Well, my AP exam scores were listed on my college transcript. As long as the AP credits are listed on your transcript, you're good to go. There is no need to ask the Education Association (or whoever does the AP stuff) to send the AP info. Am I answering your question?

yeah, thx
 
Top