AP/Transfer Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seeker

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been following this site for a few months now, and it's been really helpful. I have a question about Advanced Placement Credit and med school requirements. Basically, will AP Credit for a year of English meet the English requirement that most schools have? I know that different schools have different requirements with respect to Lit vs Comp courses, but my basic question is whether or not AP credit is acceptable? I understand that they don't really like people to AP out of Bio or Chem and I'm wondering if the same rule applies for the English requirement? My school doesn't really have much in the way of a pre-med advisor/committee, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had the answer before i start calling up schools. Thanks for the help.

Seeker

Members don't see this ad.

You may have to call the schools, anyway. Each school may vary on their 'AP' acceptance procedures.

It's a simple call; check with their admissions staff. Any advice from this site may not be as accurate.