APA Website: Finally upgraded

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The website now allows you to increase the speed of a video on their viewer. Finally!

The very boring and slow-speaking lecturer (that already wasted 30 minutes of my time spending 45 seconds on the title slide, telling me who he was, where he is a professor, telling me there's no conflict of interest, then about 3 slides that have nothing to do with the lecture, along with 50% of the content stuff I already know like the DSM-IV or V criteria for depression) with an hour lecture setting it at 2x speed and he's still too slow but at least now I don't want to poke my eyes out and can actually tolerate it slow is a step in the right direction!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wish this would have happened when I was doing the online Suboxone training a few weeks ago. It about killed me! Took forever and the guys doing it talked sooooo slowly. Still, got to take a whole day off work to do it so can't complain too much.

Unfortunately it only seems to be their newer lectures. The older ones still cannot be modified.

"Hi I'm Doctor Ian Boring of Flat University and today's lecture is about a new treatment of depression. Just to let you know more about Flat University...." (spends 5 minutes of wasted time that doesn't teach me anything relevant).

"Okay so onto the lecture. Oh by the way here's a picture of me at Flat University and there's a funny story..." (Spends 5 minutes more of wasted time, and the story IS NOT FUNNY)."

"Okay so let's talk about about Major Depressive Disorder, here is the DSM-V criteria of depression." (Proceeds to go over each of the criteria which I already have memorized, doesn't tell me anything I already don't know, wastes another 5 minutes.)"

"So now this brings me to what this lecture is all about. That new treatment of depression, but to better realize why this is so important let me go over all of the SSRIs and other conventional treatments..." (Spends 20 minutes telling me nothing I already don't know).

"Okay so now let me tell you about this new great treatment." (Proceeds to present only 5 minutes of information for this ENTIRE FREAKING EFFING HOUR that was relevant to me).

"So now let's open the floor to questions."

Idiot in the audience. "Wow doctor that was so important so many people don't realize how bad depression really is. I just want to let you know that I know someone that was depressed. Thank you thank you thank you for taking depression seriously."

(I'm wondering who the eff this idiot is. This is a lecture for psychiatrists. WTF? This person didn't already know depression is a serious illness? WTF? Did you go to medical school? Are you some idiot schlemeil? I should've spent the entire lecture except for the relevant 5 minutes playing video games on my cell phone).

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users