Apartment Inquiries for UERM bound Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeonStryfe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure there are quite a handful of people here heading to UERM this upcoming semester. From what I've read, several people have already acquired a place to stay there. For others, such as myself, I am still uncertain what places are available to me, the distance relative to UERM, and how much it cost to rent per month. I've gathered several information from different people (my thanks to greeneagle and docstarcraft for their help). If any current or recently admitted UERM medical students have any information about any possible living areas; if they could post it here with the following information.

1 - Name of the Place
2 - Cost Per Month
3 - Location relative to UERM
4 - Ammenities
5 - Contact Information
6 - Opinion? I.e - Are there filams, what type of room? Bed, Bathroom Kitchen? etc...

For me, I prefer to be around and near other filams considering we can all help each other. If anyone with any information could post what they know it would certainly help, not only me, but other students as well searching for a place to stay at. Also this will give oppoturnities for people to probably contact each other and room together if there are any people interested, considering the monthly rent I've noticed ranged from $300 - $500.

So far there are three places that I know of that I need to fully incquire when I get a chance to do so. (still got to finish my finals lol)

Mezza which looks really beautiful and has a lot of amenities. Location is perfect, right infront of UERM. Now at the current moment, it's a only a "buy" but I presume there are people who bought it to the purpose of renting it. If anyone has more information about this please feel free to add some more.

Not really sure about Robbinsdale... right now

There's Keystone... not sure about that either.

I won't be back in the Philippines until I finish my finals here and until then i'm relying mostly on information given to me by fellow future classmates, as well as phone call incquiries.

We'll all be there together for about 3 years, so we should atleast aid each other anyway we can.

Thanks guys.

Also, this is out of the topic, but have you guys filed for FAFSA for UERM yet? Anyone have any loan informations they would like to share. I know UE is still awaiting for approval but... anymore information would help a lot of people.

So far, after calling Ms. Reyes, approval for FAFSA ID should be around the first or second week of June, if things go well of course. Other than that, have anyone started inquiring about loans?

anyways sorry for the long post. Thanks
:D

Members don't see this ad.

You're post is highly accurate. This is the information that I've gathered as well. Not too keen on Robbinsdale. I've visited Robbinsdale and the rooms are very basic/dorm like. There's no kitchen in the room that I saw so you would have to buy your own food. There's nothing wrong with dorm living, but for the price they are charging you can rent one of those condos for a lower price. Most of these new condos have swimming pools and gyms too. I asked around and would estimate about $300-400 max to rent a one br condo. There are similar condos near Cubao, etc, but one has to take the LRT to get to school. I don't think that's a bad idea. Like yourself, though, I prefer to be near my classmates (especially during my first year). They have a new dorm closer than Robbinsdale. I think it's called Anglo(?). It was supposed to be finalized this May. You may want to inquire.

As for the FAFSA, you cannot take out any type of federal student loans unless UERM becomes an accredited Title IV school. Your only option is to take out a personal loan, which you will have to pay back immediately with higher interest rates. If you are aware of any private lenders willing to provide student loans for UERM, let us know.

Good luck in your endeavors at UERM. Perhaps we'll be classmates!

hey Leon,

I'm an incoming UERM filam looking for housing too. I was originally considering Robbinsdale but for 23,500P a month it's a little too expensive for my taste. Especially since, as legal2med said, no kitchen and it's a basic hotel room.

I'm looking into Keystone and Anglo right now which are both cheaper than Robbinsdale and closer to UE... I agree about wanting to stay near other filams. I think it will help us cope with the change in environment much better if there are others who can relate. Anyway I'll be on campus for enrollment on Monday and will try to post info on the other housing options.

btw where are you from and when will you be in the Phils?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I am looking for a roommate.:)

I'll be studying at UERM this coming schoolyear. I found a decent room with a nice and very clean bathroom. It's a studio type room. They allow the tenants to bring a refrigerator and aircon inside the room. The room costs Php 7000 for two persons, so its Php3500 per person.

PM me for details, I have the brochure.

Thank you!:)

hello - does anyone have pricing info on anglo? how much is a studio or a 1 bedroom?

thanks!

Anglo only has studio type rooms. The cost ranges from 7-11k depending on the size of your room. The only thing about anglo is your not allowed to have a stove since each room has a smoke detector and would trigger the alarm. Microwaves and any other appliances are ok.

When I talked to the lady at keystone, majority of their borders are fil-ams while anglo is somewhat positioning themselves in that market too or majority would be UE students.

I'll be studying at UERM this coming schoolyear. I found a decent room with a nice and very clean bathroom. It's a studio type room. They allow the tenants to bring a refrigerator and aircon inside the room. The room costs Php 7000 for two persons, so its Php3500 per person.

ako pde...

ako pwede... kase taga pasay pa ko e... ang layo naman kung maguuwian ako...

i lived at robbinsdale and keystone. i lived at robbinsdale for 2 months and moved to keystone when they opened my first year at UERM (August 2007). i did a contract for one year in the beginning. you can arrange for a 6 month contract. not sure if the policy for a deposit changed, but i had to give 2 months deposit when i first moved in. i don't know if robbinsdale has a deposit. there you pay monthly.

likes at keystone:
1. bigger bathroom
2. bigger room (long ways). intended for 3 roomies.
3. laundry picked up and dropped off. good service
4. have a roof top to chill and relax
5. walking distance from Save More grocery
6. cheaper than robbinsdale
7. filam neighbors
8. u can get drinking water delivered and it's dirt cheap (p50/5 gallons)
9. get your room cleaned for p150 if u need it
10. no unwanted roommates (roaches) on top floors. for some reason, bugs enter certain rooms. i had no problem on the upper floor. had lots of them on the first floor.

dislikes at keystone:
1. the internet can get funky and stop working at the worst times, but just tell the front desk and they'll call in a service dude.

comparisons keystone vs robbinsdale:
1. cheaper than robbinsdale rent (p15,000 vs P23,000+)
2. depending on your electricity usage, your bill can range from P500 to P4000. already included in robbinsdale rent
3. water is minimum p150. already included in robbinsdale rent
4. laundry is cheaper than robbinsdale (for robbinsdale, you tend to get less of your clothes back)
5. closer to UERM than robbinsdale, but u can always take a peddy cab
6. internet P999 vs robbinsdale P2500 (this may have changed)
7. cable p450. i don't think u pay at robbinsdale
8. robbinsdale has a cafe downstairs. they can deliver your meal to your room.
9. at robbinsdale you can get a taxi called for you rather than getting one yourself. the guards take the license down and always ask where your going.
10. robbinsdale has a lot of staff with friendly smiles
11. robbinsdale has the cafe and a study room if you're tired of studying in your room. none at keystone
12. filams like to gather at robbinsdale
13. robbinsdale now uses cards to get into your room and you can always leave it at the front desk before leaving
14. both are maintained well and kept clean
15. at robbinsdale, there have been complaints about noisy visitors (loud, immature, annoying). keystone has a policy to keep noise level down and your guests are allowed at certain times. no policy at robbinsdale.

not sure about anglo. i am considering it myself just because it's cheaper. it was still being built before i left for summer vacation, but i hear it will be open end of may. rooms are smaller than keystone and there's supposedly over 100 rooms, which makes it bigger than keystone. if you want cheaper room, check out medics where the locals stay.

this is all i can think of at the moment.

hey guys,

I go there in the Philippines quite late. Infact I missed part of the orientation including the whole Friday one because I had to enroll. Rained like crazy today. Although I'm living with relatives right now, their area is quite far and i am unable travel back and forth. SO basically I have the weekend to finalize a place to stay. Lavenrose I texted you if you're free tomorrow for a phone call or something.

Does anyone know to contact info for keystone? Robbinsdale is definitely not for me.

Thanks again!