APHA Complete Review, Kaplan, Review Courses???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uncfarmasea

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are all the soon-to-be graduates planning on using to study for boards? I got the APHA book as a gift (I didn't want to buy it!) but have heard it goes into wayyy too much detail and that the Kaplan book offers a "summary" of the info we need.

I haven't decided which book I actually want to use yet, so input would be good. Of note, CVS offers a free NAPLEX review class, so whichever I choose will be paired with that.

Past grads, how long/much did you study? A lot of residents I have spoken with say they feel they overstudied, however, I of course don't want to understudy 😉.

 
Interesting. The reviews on amazon for the kaplan review book are pretty bad though. Everyone says it has errors and doesn't go into near enough detail.