APhA dual membership

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dual memberships? Then you'll just have to quit twice!

Read the thread about cancelling your APhA membership. The organization is an ineffective joke that takes your money and gets nothing done.
 
ASHP, maybe..... I am paying them for now.

APhA, they got themselves a nice building on Constitution Ave in D.C.... and that's pretty much it.
I wouldn't support the ASHP either. They were trying to push for the pharmacy residency exemption also.

ASHP Urges Caution on Department of Labor Overtime Rule-1

Plus, the ASHP is the same a-hole organization that is trying to make residency mandatory for hospital pharmacists. Screw them. Just become active in the state Boards of Pharmacy and lobby for better working conditions. Its the state boards that are doing the real work. Not these screwy national organizations.
 
I have no idea why but I got the dual membership. Waste of money. There was a deal that if you signed up early you got their NAPLEX review book and question/answer bank but I didn't really use those at all because they weren't very good and RXprep was so much better. I was "involved" as a student with the patient care projects and the national patient counseling contest but after school, not so much. I echo above to get involved at the state level. After I finish residency, I plan to get involved with local pharmacy organizations but it depends on your state and area how useful they are. I find ASHP conferences much better. So basically if you need to pay for school related activities or for your resume, I would only renew for a year.