Apologies to the community

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been ignoring my Inbox for months. The reason why is SDN used to fulfill my addiction for teaching and since I've picked a much more active teaching role in my career that little addiction was being supplied elsewhere. I also have two kids and I am their slave. They wake me up 5 in the morning asking me for milk. Then I get them milk, and then 20 minutes later they wake me up again asking me for more milk.

I have neglected some very serious posts where I felt I could've helped some people (not treatment-wise of course).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1439069464.312397.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
... I also have two kids and I am their slave. They wake me up 5 in the morning asking me for milk. Then I get them milk, and then 20 minutes later they wake me up again asking me for more milk..
Boundaries, boundaries, my man! They start out just needing "a little milk to get me through this stressful time", and pretty soon they're calling you on Friday afternoons begging for an early refill on "MY Milk" because their roommate stole it, or it spilled into the sink when they opened the bottle... I bet they've threatened to report you to the State Board, haven't they? Put them on a strict contract and start tapering. Trust me on this...it will only get worse...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I thought about that. Trust me I'm enforcing the boundaries. First approach was not to give them any milk. Worked? Yes but not the effect I wanted. What happened was both kids, aged 2 and 4 basically went into a corner and started crying as if they were being neglected. (No it wasn't the attention seeking histrionic cry, I could see them through a crack in the door crying-went on for over an hour). I was hoping they'd go back to sleep. Nope. For whatever reason these kids get up real early and stay up.

I do want to wake up about 7 AM so this would leave both kids feeling neglected for two hours. On full tummies they're fine.

So next approach was to get them the milk then I'd go back to sleep, but they just come back when it's finished 15 minutes later. It's only on the second cup that they're fine for the rest of the morning.

My daughter has just hit the age where she can reach the milk by herself without supervision so my plan right now is to get 4 kiddie milk cups full of milk and train her to just get it out for all of them by herself. Still in that process.

That pic ain't far off cause I sleep in my underwear.

Poor attempt at cheering up...nvm. :bag:

Last edited:
It's definitely the sun waking them up. I put some radiant-barrier on their windows covering them up about 80%. I wanted just some light to go through. Still wakes them up. Maybe I ought to cover the stuff 100%. Radiant barrier is that aluminum foil like stuff on spaceships. It's now available as a insulator. Put that stuff in your home it blocks out the heat in the attic.

Anyways back in June I put it up in my attic and fell through the ceiling in the process.

Last edited: