You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Appalachian College of Pharmacy, 2012 matriculation
Started by emmarae36
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
how many students were at your interview session??
I interviewed back in Jan. and I wanna say there was no more then 50 ppl.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What has everyone thought about the school so far that has interviewed? Did you like it? Any acceptances?
The school was nice (but small). The current students and staff were nice. The town is small compared to the city but nothing I can't manage. Kind of like the small town feel... Haven't heard any news yet, but I was interviewed on 3/24. The school is more appealing now because it now can fund students with federal loans.
So I interviewed on 3/24, and received a letter from them today. I got put on the freakin hold list! Well a student I met during the interview day said that she was on the hold list and was finally accepted into the school over the summer. So that gives me hope. Would it be rude or inappropriate to call or email the admissions office to see what number I am on the hold list or what my chances are for admission?
So I interviewed on 3/24, and received a letter from them today. I got put on the freakin hold list! Well a student I met during the interview day said that she was on the hold list and was finally accepted into the school over the summer. So that gives me hope. Would it be rude or inappropriate to call or email the admissions office to see what number I am on the hold list or what my chances are for admission?
I don't think it's rude at all to ask what position you're at on the wait list. I email/call westernU to get an update of my status of my application almost bi-weekly; still waiting on Western to get back to me. I also interviewed on 3/24th, but receive no letters yet... hopefully good news come soon, tired of this waiting game. GL to you though!
JUST HEARD BACK AND I AM IN!! SO STOKED!!
i interviewed 3/24 and got my letter today.. exactly 2 weeks.
Congrats! I also interviewed the same day and wondered where you're from? I'm trying to estimate when my letter will come to Oregon. Was your acceptance letter in a package or an envelope?
Congrats! I also interviewed the same day and wondered where you're from? I'm trying to estimate when my letter will come to Oregon. Was your acceptance letter in a package or an envelope?
im from maryland and it was in an actual letter. they dont do emails. the letter was written earlier this week so it was sent out late. good luck to u!!
I interviewed 3/31 and I got my letter today.
Did you get accepted?
Yeah I did.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that got accepted, did you guys receive a email from certiphi? I haven't received my letter yet but got this first and assuming that i got accepted...
For those that got accepted, did you guys receive a email from certiphi? I haven't received my letter yet but got this first and assuming that i got accepted...
I haven't received anything from Certiphi but there was a page about it in my acceptance letter.
I interviewed on 3/31 & received my acceptance letter today! I'm so excited about this school!
what is the interview process?
Also interviewed on 3/31. Got my acceptance letter, but I'll be attending at University of Charleston. Anxious to hear from those in Virginia beach, Augusta, and Florida.
Is the interview was hard? How long it will take? How many people?
Last edited:
Good luck everyone!
I have an interview April 14th and am coming from the suburbs of DC, if anyone wants to carpool, let me know. I will drive down the 13th, get a hotel for the night, and drive back after the interview on the 14th.
How many people were there when you interviewed?
Is the interview was hard? How long it will take? How many people?
Hi, I interviewed this last Saturday, 4-14-12. Not sure if you've gone on your interview yet, but I figured I could answer your questions anyways haha.
1. Compared to the other interviews I've been on, this one was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, just a lot regarding past experiences and the common question, why pharmacy/why Appalachian.
2. Orientation started at 7:45am and I was completely done with everything around 12:15pm. I was put in the last interview slot from 12-12:30pm, but I ended up being called in earlier.
3. There were about 25 people there for the interview on 4/14/12.
Hi, I interviewed this last Saturday, 4-14-12. Not sure if you've gone on your interview yet, but I figured I could answer your questions anyways haha.
1. Compared to the other interviews I've been on, this one was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, just a lot regarding past experiences and the common question, why pharmacy/why Appalachian.
2. Orientation started at 7:45am and I was completely done with everything around 12:15pm. I was put in the last interview slot from 12-12:30pm, but I ended up being called in earlier.
3. There were about 25 people there for the interview on 4/14/12.
How long before you guys hear back?
How long before you guys hear back?
I interviewed 3/31 and got my acceptance letter on 4/7.
I'll be there with you at the interview on the 28th!!!! I'm pretty excited but nervous!!! Where are you coming in from??And I wonder how many people are going to be at the April 28th interview day with me?
I'll be there with you at the interview on the 28th!!!! I'm pretty excited but nervous!!! Where are you coming in from??
NJ ! you ?
I interviewed 3/31 and got my acceptance letter on 4/7.
Letter? Not call or e-mail?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letter? Not call or e-mail?
Yep. Old fashioned letter.
I have a interview on the same day 4/28
I have a interview on the same day 4/28
how are people getting from the airport to the city??
how are people getting from the airport to the city??
if u r flying in u have rent car bc i hear it's 2+ hrs frm the airport to the school
if u r flying in u have rent car bc i hear it's 2+ hrs frm the airport to the school
It was a 2hr drive. It was definitely a long ride! I rented a car for 2 days. Where are you staying??
It was a 2hr drive. It was definitely a long ride! I rented a car for 2 days. Where are you staying??
Comfort Inn
Alternate list :-🙂(
Is that the same as being on the wait list??? I haven't received mine yet.
I may be wrong, but this is just what I understand to be the difference between the lists. I was sent a letter about a week after I interviewed saying I was currently on the 'hold' list. They said that the hold list consisted of applicants who the admissions board had yet to make a final decision about. I received another letter today that said I was now on the alternative list. From what I gather, it seems that people on the alternate list are offered accepted ONLY if a seat becomes available on the campus. I'm guessing that they have already given out all acceptance letters/filled the majority of the seats at this point, and only if people end up backing out will they start to pull from the alternate list.
I may be wrong, but this is just what I understand to be the difference between the lists. I was sent a letter about a week after I interviewed saying I was currently on the 'hold' list. They said that the hold list consisted of applicants who the admissions board had yet to make a final decision about. I received another letter today that said I was now on the alternative list. From what I gather, it seems that people on the alternate list are offered accepted ONLY if a seat becomes available on the campus. I'm guessing that they have already given out all acceptance letters/filled the majority of the seats at this point, and only if people end up backing out will they start to pull from the alternate list.
But i heard there is a waitlist too?, so hold list, alternate list, waitlist?
Is anyone still looking for a roommate for the fall? After much deliberation, I've decided to attend ACP and looking at apartment prices, it seems to be a lot cheaper to get a roommate. I'd prefer a female roommate who is easy to get along with.
pm me if you are interested as I am apartment hunting all month!
pm me if you are interested as I am apartment hunting all month!
alt listed back in may received an email 6/8 asking was stl interested IF a seat became available , ,, ,has anyone else received this, if so when & did you get in?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Locked
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
