Appalachian College of Pharmacy, 2012 matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be giving up my seat because I got into my #1 school! Goodluck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

how many students were at your interview session??

Members don't see this ad :)
What has everyone thought about the school so far that has interviewed? Did you like it? Any acceptances?

What has everyone thought about the school so far that has interviewed? Did you like it? Any acceptances?

The school was nice (but small). The current students and staff were nice. The town is small compared to the city but nothing I can't manage. Kind of like the small town feel... Haven't heard any news yet, but I was interviewed on 3/24. The school is more appealing now because it now can fund students with federal loans.

hi i interviewed on 3/24. i was wondering if anyone heard back from acp already? i know it states 2-3 weeks after the interview but just feeling a lil nervous :/

So I interviewed on 3/24, and received a letter from them today. I got put on the freakin hold list! Well a student I met during the interview day said that she was on the hold list and was finally accepted into the school over the summer. So that gives me hope. Would it be rude or inappropriate to call or email the admissions office to see what number I am on the hold list or what my chances are for admission?

So I interviewed on 3/24, and received a letter from them today. I got put on the freakin hold list! Well a student I met during the interview day said that she was on the hold list and was finally accepted into the school over the summer. So that gives me hope. Would it be rude or inappropriate to call or email the admissions office to see what number I am on the hold list or what my chances are for admission?

I don't think it's rude at all to ask what position you're at on the wait list. I email/call westernU to get an update of my status of my application almost bi-weekly; still waiting on Western to get back to me. I also interviewed on 3/24th, but receive no letters yet... hopefully good news come soon, tired of this waiting game. GL to you though!

Has anyone heard anything that interviewed on 3/31?

JUST HEARD BACK AND I AM IN!! SO STOKED!!
i interviewed 3/24 and got my letter today.. exactly 2 weeks.

JUST HEARD BACK AND I AM IN!! SO STOKED!!
i interviewed 3/24 and got my letter today.. exactly 2 weeks.

Congrats! I also interviewed the same day and wondered where you're from? I'm trying to estimate when my letter will come to Oregon. Was your acceptance letter in a package or an envelope?

Congrats! I also interviewed the same day and wondered where you're from? I'm trying to estimate when my letter will come to Oregon. Was your acceptance letter in a package or an envelope?

im from maryland and it was in an actual letter. they dont do emails. the letter was written earlier this week so it was sent out late. good luck to u!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got accepted, did you guys receive a email from certiphi? I haven't received my letter yet but got this first and assuming that i got accepted...

For those that got accepted, did you guys receive a email from certiphi? I haven't received my letter yet but got this first and assuming that i got accepted...

I haven't received anything from Certiphi but there was a page about it in my acceptance letter.

I interviewed on 3/31 & received my acceptance letter today! I'm so excited about this school!

Also interviewed on 3/31. Got my acceptance letter, but I'll be attending at University of Charleston. Anxious to hear from those in Virginia beach, Augusta, and Florida.

Is the interview was hard? How long it will take? How many people?

Last edited:
Good luck everyone! :xf:

I have an interview April 14th and am coming from the suburbs of DC, if anyone wants to carpool, let me know. I will drive down the 13th, get a hotel for the night, and drive back after the interview on the 14th.

How many people were there when you interviewed?

I was wondering if anybody received their loan award letter.

Is the interview was hard? How long it will take? How many people?

Hi, I interviewed this last Saturday, 4-14-12. Not sure if you've gone on your interview yet, but I figured I could answer your questions anyways haha.

1. Compared to the other interviews I've been on, this one was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, just a lot regarding past experiences and the common question, why pharmacy/why Appalachian.
2. Orientation started at 7:45am and I was completely done with everything around 12:15pm. I was put in the last interview slot from 12-12:30pm, but I ended up being called in earlier.
3. There were about 25 people there for the interview on 4/14/12.

Hi, I interviewed this last Saturday, 4-14-12. Not sure if you've gone on your interview yet, but I figured I could answer your questions anyways haha.

1. Compared to the other interviews I've been on, this one was pretty straight forward. No tricky questions, just a lot regarding past experiences and the common question, why pharmacy/why Appalachian.
2. Orientation started at 7:45am and I was completely done with everything around 12:15pm. I was put in the last interview slot from 12-12:30pm, but I ended up being called in earlier.
3. There were about 25 people there for the interview on 4/14/12.

How long before you guys hear back?

And I wonder how many people are going to be at the April 28th interview day with me?

And I wonder how many people are going to be at the April 28th interview day with me?
I'll be there with you at the interview on the 28th!!!! I'm pretty excited but nervous!!! Where are you coming in from??

Did anyone hear back yet? I called and they said to look out for the letters because they sent them out

idk !! can anyone that knows the difference shed some light?

I may be wrong, but this is just what I understand to be the difference between the lists. I was sent a letter about a week after I interviewed saying I was currently on the 'hold' list. They said that the hold list consisted of applicants who the admissions board had yet to make a final decision about. I received another letter today that said I was now on the alternative list. From what I gather, it seems that people on the alternate list are offered accepted ONLY if a seat becomes available on the campus. I'm guessing that they have already given out all acceptance letters/filled the majority of the seats at this point, and only if people end up backing out will they start to pull from the alternate list.

I may be wrong, but this is just what I understand to be the difference between the lists. I was sent a letter about a week after I interviewed saying I was currently on the 'hold' list. They said that the hold list consisted of applicants who the admissions board had yet to make a final decision about. I received another letter today that said I was now on the alternative list. From what I gather, it seems that people on the alternate list are offered accepted ONLY if a seat becomes available on the campus. I'm guessing that they have already given out all acceptance letters/filled the majority of the seats at this point, and only if people end up backing out will they start to pull from the alternate list.

But i heard there is a waitlist too?, so hold list, alternate list, waitlist?

I am an alternate as well. I hope we find out something soon!!! And I do believe there is a waitlist and an alternate list because my friend is on the waitlist!! Hang in there guys :)

Is anyone still looking for a roommate for the fall? After much deliberation, I've decided to attend ACP and looking at apartment prices, it seems to be a lot cheaper to get a roommate. I'd prefer a female roommate who is easy to get along with.

pm me if you are interested as I am apartment hunting all month!

alt listed back in may received an email 6/8 asking was stl interested IF a seat became available , ,, ,has anyone else received this, if so when & did you get in?

I also received this on 6/8. I think they are probably just trying to see how many people are still interested in attending or are already attending other schools. Probably trying to narrow down the alternate list.

I also received an email on 6/8 as well asking if I'm still interested

I'm not sure if I should keep my hopes up since I haven't heard anyone being pulled from the alternative list yet:( Or the list could be moving who knows

Lol yeah I definitely didn't get my hopes up either, I have not heard of any movement at all from the alternate list. I think they were truly just trying to narrow it down and see who was still interested.

No one has given up their seat yet :/, I emailed them this morning and got a quick response!

This doesn't look too good for us on the alternative list. I remembered in last year forum, people were getting pulled by May.:(

^^thanks, I was about to email Sherrie and ask about available spots as well