Appealing a pre-interview rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BRUINGOLD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this before for pharm. school? I know it's done for med. schools and some people have had success. I was thinking about appealing a pre-interview rejection at UOP. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose each school has its own policies when it comes to appealing decisions. You should contact the specific school(s) that you were rejected at.

I did it for a school and never heard from them. Depends on the school I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone done this before for pharm. school? I know it's done for med. schools and some people have had success. I was thinking about appealing a pre-interview rejection at UOP. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

do you know why you were rejected? Is it because you didn't submit a form?

I thought I remembered someone mentioned that he or she got rejected due to the TOEFL requirement that wasn't met (it was lower score or something). Or maybe you didn't meet the LOR requirement? Some people realized that a letter from a pharmacist is required, so some didn't meet Tier 1 deadline. I really don't think they have a minimum GPA requirement, although a majority of the applicants have stellar stats.

I would not do this in any circumstance. A rejection, pre-interview, is a clear indication the school thought they had better applicants. Take it for what it is. I've been rejected pre-interview, but I took it as a sign that I need to change up my application.

It might so turn out that not being accepted to that school in the end works out for you.

Good luck in your other apps. :luck:

After interview, maybe, before interview though, then something was clearly wrong or simply not good enough.

No, I submitted all the required stuff so it's not that. I normally wouldn't appeal something like this, but I really feel I was well qualified and I don't think there was anything "clearly wrong" with my app. since I got interviews at UCSF and UCSD. I've seen people appeal pre-interview rejections for med school and some have gotten an interview as a result. Anyway, I think I'm going to go for it since I don't have anything to lose. Thanks for the replies.

but I really feel I was well qualified and I don't think there was anything "clearly wrong" with my app.

Obviously their ADCOM did NOT feel you were qualified. There may not have been anything "wrong" aside from you not meeting the standards they set. I hate to be the naysayer here but you are wasting your time. Just because you may have gotten interviews at other schools means nothing. You can't think of it in those terms. Just because one school may be "ranked" higher does not mean you should be able to get in to a school that is ranked lower. Different schools have different criteria and even those change all the time.