anxiousapplicant9
Full Member
Still waiting!! 😰Any word?? I am still waiting. I'm unsure If I should hold out hope for an interview or if I was so far down their list they forgot to even send a rejection. 😅
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still waiting!! 😰Any word?? I am still waiting. I'm unsure If I should hold out hope for an interview or if I was so far down their list they forgot to even send a rejection. 😅
noooooo omg that is cruelRejection from Jesse Brown VA Neuro track. Their subject line said “Jesse Brown VAMC Interview Notification” and my heart jumped up with excitement.....only to plummet down several seconds later when I read in the body of the email that it was actually a rejection, despite the word “interview” being in the subject line. 🤦♀️😭🙄
That's messed up! Sorry you had to experience that.Rejection from Jesse Brown VA Neuro track. Their subject line said “Jesse Brown VAMC Interview Notification” and my heart jumped up with excitement.....only to plummet down several seconds later when I read in the body of the email that it was actually a rejection, despite the word “interview” being in the subject line. 🤦♀️😭🙄
Wow so basically students needs are not the priority.Response from APPIC in case people are curious: "Through AAPI, unfortunately no refunds will be issued for any reason including a program withdrawing from the match. You can reach out to the program directly to see if there is anything they can do on their end, but we cannot offer a refund on our end. It's up to them to decide when to withdraw essentially, they didn't let us know they wanted to withdraw before you submitted your application, so the refund is up to them for that reason."
I am also still waiting! If I do not hear from them by 5PM, I might reach out.Still waiting!! 😰
Oh wow! Thanks for replying!Not yet! Still waiting on dates.
I think that is my plan as well since there deadline was Friday? I always get nervous about reaching out but I think at this point it is reasonable.I am also still waiting! If I do not hear from them by 5PM, I might reach out.
I would probably keep it vague and reiterate your interest in the siteWould value some advice - I have a scheduling conflict and am not able to make the two individual faculty interviews I was offered at a site I am interested in. When replying to ask if there are other dates available, is it best to be up front that "I have already committed to interviews with other sites at these times" or keep it vague like "I unfortunately have a scheduling conflict and am unable to meet at these times." Thanks!
noooooo omg that is cruel
Thank you!! 😅😥💛That's messed up! Sorry you had to experience that.
This is odd - someone in my cohort got their money back from APPIC after a site said they were not accepting applicants this year after their application deadline had passed, so I wonder if they changed their policy on this recently?Wow so basically students needs are not the priority.
I don't know what the "right" choice is but in a similar situation I said something like, "I'm very excited about this opportunity and thank you. Unfortunately I already confirmed an interview at another site for this time. Is there any possibility of rescheduling..." and then reiterated my interest again. The reason I went with the specific reason rather than vague is I wanted it to be clear that it's a very serious conflict (one that they would also want someone to respect if the roles were reversed). The TD replied with understanding, but of course YMMV. Good luck!Would value some advice - I have a scheduling conflict and am not able to make the two individual faculty interviews I was offered at a site I am interested in. When replying to ask if there are other dates available, is it best to be up front that "I have already committed to interviews with other sites at these times" or keep it vague like "I unfortunately have a scheduling conflict and am unable to meet at these times." Thanks!
No I have not heard back as well!Has anyone received a confirmed interview date for the Los Angeles county internship in corrections? I still haven’t heard back
I called and left a voicemail, but have not heard back.For those interviewing at Henry Ford Neuropsych....... has anyone received an interview date confirmation yet?
This happened to me, and I asked the top site if they might have any alternatives because I already had interviews scheduled on their dates. Still waiting to hear back from them about an alt date lol but based on advice given here, TDs should be understanding of the fact that there are gonna be conflicting dates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Has anyone been in a situation where one site confirmed an interview date early on and a top site offered one recently with no alternative times/dates? How have you managed this?
I’ve heard that TDs talk and that declining invitations looks bad for the school and the individual, but as students our hands are bound to a certain extent, especially if sites are unwilling to offer more interview slots. Thanks in advance for your help!
Not yet. I briefly spoke with Carla and she said she would call me back but did not take interview date requests.For those interviewing at Henry Ford Neuropsych....... has anyone received an interview date confirmation yet?
Me tooOfficial rejection from University of Texas-Austin CAPS 12/14/2020 at 1:35 pm; Mass email that was not brutal.
Thank you so much! I definitely appreciate hearing the reasoning behind being more specific - you're right that it demonstrates commitment/respect for the process. I definitely want to convey that and be as up front as possible. Fingers crossed here too!!I don't know what the "right" choice is but in a similar situation I said something like, "I'm very excited about this opportunity and thank you. Unfortunately I already confirmed an interview at another site for this time. Is there any possibility of rescheduling..." and then reiterated my interest again. The reason I went with the specific reason rather than vague is I wanted it to be clear that it's a very serious conflict (one that they would also want someone to respect if the roles were reversed). The TD replied with understanding, but of course YMMV. Good luck!
*ETA: and the TD worked with me to find a suitable different time. Fingers crossed you get the same outcome.
Same. Hopefully we are all available when we receive the calls - doesn't do any good for her to leave a message. I can envision this being an annoying process.Not yet. I briefly spoke with Carla and she said she would call me back but did not take interview date requests.
Still waiting on Henry Ford and Icahn Mt. Sinai as well. Henry Ford has rolling applications; they have sent out two mass invitation emails already (a few weeks apart), but might be sending out another one, who knows. 🙂 Icahn Mt. Sinai has emailed about extending their notification deadline to December 18th. 🤞🤞Has anyone received rejections from these sites?:
Henry Ford - adult neuro
Denver Health - clinical neuro
Icahn Mt Sinai - neuro focus
? Haven't heard anything from them but have seen that a couple people have received invites
Congrats!Official Site Name: UC Davis Medical Center Clinical Child Program
Date Invitation Received: 12/14
Method of Invitation: Personal Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): don't even remember if there were tracks!
Interview Dates Offered: Between January 14th and Jan. 25th.
I’m curious, what did it say?Same here! It was the shortest rejection email I have ever received 🙈
I have not heard anything. Patiently waiting.Anyone heard from university of Florida counseling center?
I got a rejection from AF Williams (primary care) on 11/30 ~8PM CSTI have seen both invites and rejections for University of Colorado SOM, but wondering if anyone has received a rejection for the IPC A.F Williams track?
Awesome thanks!!Still waiting on Henry Ford and Icahn Mt. Sinai as well. Henry Ford has rolling applications; they have sent out two mass invitation emails already (a few weeks apart), but might be sending out another one, who knows. 🙂 Icahn Mt. Sinai has emailed about extending their notification deadline to December 18th. 🤞🤞
It seems several people have posted their sites tried to send invites through the portal and there was an error and they didn't actually go out. Could this be the case with this site I wonder?I am also still waiting! If I do not hear from them by 5PM, I might reach out.
Likewise!!Same here! Congrats on getting a spot!
Waiting on Pueblo tooSan Quentin? Pueblo? Bueller?
I haven't yet, still waiting. I know they said we are supposed to hear from them by tomorrow, I believe.Anyone heard from university of Florida counseling center?
I've been assuming rejection but haven't heard for sure either way.Has anyone not heard back from NYU Rusk rehabilitation yet?
I am not sure if a new thread should be started for this regarding interview questions but I am wondering if anyone has any advice about how to prepare for Neuropsych specific case vignettes and/or writing samples that you may be given on an interview? Or if you have already had interviews with Neuropsych vignettes/samples, what was asked of you?
Me too... I’m starting to think that you and I applied to all the same sites! 🤣❤️Rejection from Jesse Brown VA (finally! lol) General Track. Mass email.
I heard from Amita to interview. I applied to their pediatric health psych track. I have not heard from CHOC so I am assuming a rejection 🙁Has anyone heard from AMITA Health (Alexian Brothers) Child & Adolescent track?
Anyone received a rejection from CHOC yet?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.